Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Formula 1 Prediction League 2013

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm already feeling the cold, oppressive weight of despair upon this season. I think that the soul less German metronome, will sweep all before him yet again. How do the Germans keep producing unflappable divers devoid of personalities with ultra reliable cars which always seem to avoid collisions with other cars, debris and tin tacks ?

Yes, Alonso will win a few and maybe jensen and lewis too but I fear that in 2018 we will be nearing his 8 th consecutive World Championship. sigh

Best car has a lot to do with it IMO. Not convinced that have the best car this year and Kimi and Fernando will give him a better run than they did last year. Vettell is also due some bad luck, he's had virtually none recently, it's all happend to Webber. Rosberg has a competitive team mate not a washed up old man as partner to drive him to new heights and Mercedes WILL get it right during the season.

I'm really excited about the season. Ferrari have hit the ground running this year. Hamilton's much maligned decision to go to Mercedes is now starting to look a good move given the apparent inferiority of the McClaren so far this season. Massa is reborn.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
For those who are watching on terrestrial later make sure that you listen to the podium interviews. They are almost as interesting as the race. Lewis comes across well and I have even more reason to dislike Vettell now. Great one liner at the end of his interview from Webber too.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Are you alluding to Vettel's request for his team mate to move over ? Shuey Mk2 ?

Yes. It's an odd paradox for me. It's a team sport, drivers should toe the team line/orders, however racing is racing which makes for a better F1

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Are you alluding to Vettel's request for his team mate to move over ? Shuey Mk2 ?

Total lack of respect in the way that request was delivered. I won't be surprised if Webber chins him later.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yes. It's an odd paradox for me. It's a team sport, drivers should toe the team line/orders, however racing is racing which makes for a better F1

It is the old chestnut, it never happened so much in the old days before radio communication with the cars. I personally think team orders stinks. Barichello raced for years knowing that the only time he would be allowed to win would be if the kraut had broken down. Looks like Vettel now has that clout too. Yes, he is a good driver but almost every side of the dice is now loaded in his favour. Makes the "sport" unwatchable.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Unhappiest podium I think I've ever seen. Red Bull driver ignores team orders, Mercedes drivers comply with team orders and the net result is they all seemhacked off.

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
I feel for Webber, in the terms of that Seb didn't obey team orders and clearly took matters into his own right foot. But didn't it make for great viewing? Yes I hear you saying. I am very much againsed team orders, but they are there and should be obeyed by any driver being given them.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I thought Webber did well to re-sign with Red Bull for this year knowing that he would have to put up with Vettel getting preferential treatment and their previous history. It's rather good that only 2 races into this season Vettel has been flushed out so the dynamics inside Red Bull should be interesting for the rest of the season.

A rather hollow apology from Vettel. Webber is being very diplomatic in post race interviews but looks like he could kick off.

Pity that Alonso wasn't more involved in the race to spice things up a bit more but at least he doesn't take any crap from Vettel, although that cost him today.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Malaysia

12 JJ McClure
10 Northstander
8 Southern Toon,Guy Fawkes,Kneon Light,MejonaNo12
7 Hyperion,Papa Lazarou
6 Albion Dave,Woodchip,Pacman,Gregory2Smith1,Knightsworld,Taybha
5 Brakespear,Janbha,Craig4004,Seagullsongs
4 BHAWise,Icy Gull,Dominoid,Poyetry In Motion,Brighton Guy,Detsknil