Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] NSC Football Quiz League

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm happy with most of my answers, although for one of them I had narrowed it down to two options and I've a nagging feeling I've picked the wrong one.

Question 3 is the only one where it's pretty much a stab in the dark.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I may be the only one so far that *didn't* have an issue with Q3. I did however struggle with one or more of the others.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
There has been a slight change in the configuration of the league table.

This is because at the end of tomorrow, when the matches are completed, any teams tied on points will be separated by correct answers overall as opposed to goal difference.

This keeps the fun game of playing each other whilst ensuring the best overall quiz performers are rewarded.

However, points are key. The overall performance component only comes into play if you are tied on points.

I think this is the fairest way as it strikes a balance.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
As it stands at 1345. Two matches in round 13 completed. Tomorrow will be well EXCITING.

Capture 47.PNG

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

This is because at the end of tomorrow, when the matches are completed, any teams tied on points will be separated by correct answers overall as opposed to goal difference.

This keeps the fun game of playing each other whilst ensuring the best overall quiz performers are rewarded.

However, points are key. The overall performance component only comes into play if you are tied on points.

So there's no chance of you retiring to Benidorm with what [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] has paid you :wink:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So there's no chance of you retiring to Benidorm with what [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] has paid you :wink:

I'm not sure which is most insulting, suggesting that Frutos has paid me or that, in such an event, I would choose BENIDORM to retire to.

Having spent one night in Benidorm, and having seen things that would make this Brighton resident blush, I can assure you I will not be setting foot in there again.

I was encouraged to join my friends in one club where a lady was pulling various items out of her nether regions. I honestly thought I could have ordered a sofa for instant delivery.

However, Essex-on-sea has a much more pleasant resort a few miles away- Albir. I have even played cricket there. They have a team.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I'm not sure which is most insulting, suggesting that Frutos has paid me or that, in such an event, I would choose BENIDORM to retire to.

Having spent one night in Benidorm, and having seen things that would make this Brighton resident blush, I can assure you I will not be setting foot in their again.

However, Essex-on-sea has a much more pleasant resort a few miles away- Albir. I have even played cricket there. They have a team.

You can dock me a point if you so wish, for mere insolence :blush:

:facepalm:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
You can dock me a point if you so wish, for mere insolence :blush:

:facepalm:

Given your current fear of heights in the current table, I'm not sure that such a punishment would be of much value.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Is it FAIR that a team that got more questions CORRECT than his opponent in one of the rounds was only awarded ONE point? Eh, eh?

(Sorry I'm turning into Ernest)

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Is it FAIR that a team that got more questions CORRECT than his opponent in one of the rounds was only awarded ONE point? Eh, eh?

(Sorry I'm turning into Ernest)

Dem RULES are dem RULES.

You got one more CORRECT than Hans but your other answers were so WIDE of the MARK that he ended up scoring after a DODGY penalty.

Still I was sick and tired of the glutinous praise that I had to give you something to MOAN at me about.

That's why it was called the SHITE round cos you could play well and LOOSE.

(When my old team at work stopped moaning at me I really did start to get a complex)

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

It’s a fix! Booooooooooooooo*intakeofbreath*ooooooooooooooooo

*cry*

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I may be the only one so far that *didn't* have an issue with Q3. I did however struggle with one or more of the others.

Ah. I said it was the hardest of the questions - not that I had an issue with it. The fact I was AT the game helped...

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Ah. I said it was the hardest of the questions - not that I had an issue with it. The fact I was AT the game helped...

But missed the OPENING GOAL as you were still in the pub :D

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
8pm call. Just [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] to come.

Seven teams in contention for two play off slots
[MENTION=34973]Lindfield23[/MENTION] now joins Frutos in the shake up.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
1) Who was relegated from the Premier League in 2008 having won just a single match all season? Derby County
2) Albion's have scored four goals once since returning to the top flight. Who was that against ? Swansea City
3) Who were the first team to secure automatic promotion to the Premier League in 1992 ? They beat Albion on the last day of that season ? Ipswich Town
4) Who did West Germany lose to in the final of Euro 76 ? Czechoslovakia
5) Wayne Rooney is England's highest goalscorer. Who is second ? Bobby Charlton

Capture 48.PNG

Final round follows shortly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here