Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] NSC Football Quiz League

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Just [MENTION=22929]Grombleton[/MENTION] [MENTION=4417]The Complete Badger[/MENTION] to arrive before we reveal the table before the last two rounds of the normal season.

Sorry, life took over a bit today. Done now.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
1) How many English teams have reached the final of the European Cup/Champions League ? 8
2) Who were the first English team to win the World Club Championship/Intercontinental Cup ? Manchester United
3) Who won the Championship (Div 2) in 2013 ? Cardiff City
4) Who was the leading Championship goalscorer in 2016 ? Andre Gray
5) In which year was the last FA Cup final held at the old Wembley stadium ? 2000

Sooo, it's getting very tight. Well done Frutos on reaching the play-offs. But it's still all to play for with just three points between 2nd and 9th.

Capture 44.PNG

Check your scores as always

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Pleased with a point against a very, very good side there. Slightly annoyed at myself that when I was working out the European Cup/CL finalists I missed Dirty Leeds, but c'est la vie.

I hadn't fully appreciated just how tight the race for the other three play-off spots is. I certainly wouldn't want to call who's going to grab them!

I should probably consider resting some of my big guns, because those play-offs are going be tough, and I'm going to need everyone at their best to stand any chance.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
1) Who was relegated from the Premier League in 2008 having won just a single match all season ?
2) Albion's have scored four goals once since returning to the top flight. Who was that against ?
3) Who were the first team to secure automatic promotion to the Premier League in 1992 ? They beat Albion on the last day of that season.
4) Who did West Germany lose to in the final of Euro 76 ?
5) Wayne Rooney is England's highest goalscorer. Who is second ?

Your matches. Much bartering over live coverage. Final two rounds. How I'm going to get you to all kick off the same time on Thursday is beyond me.

The final could be live on Sky(pe). Maybe we could have a curry together....

Capture 45.PNG
[MENTION=27836]Barham's tash[/MENTION] [MENTION=12422]Taybha[/MENTION] . [MENTION=34973]Lindfield23[/MENTION] [MENTION=4417]The Complete Badger[/MENTION] [MENTION=9822]KZNSeagull[/MENTION] [MENTION=37904]stewart12[/MENTION] [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] [MENTION=22929]Grombleton[/MENTION] [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION] [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] [MENTION=12847]jessiejames[/MENTION] [MENTION=14114]Lincolnshire Seagull[/MENTION] [MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION]

Last edited:

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
Fairly confident about all but question 3, which is a bit before my time - genuinely do not have a scooby about that one :down:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Capture 46.PNG

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
All about question three. The other 4 are very presentable chances!

I would have agreed, but it's not always turning out that way thus far. Some are taking the 'half chance' on question four then missing open goals...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here