[Football] NSC Football Quiz League

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The answers received so far have been good attempts. One even got two correct. Should be an interesting result.

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
Just noticed the margin by which I got the League Cup question wrong :FFSPuncheon:shootself - an entire fecking decade

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
All done be happy with 1 out of 5 although the Wembley crowd thing will haunt me because I've actually heard that one before and simply can't remember the answer :angry:

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Weirdly reasonably confident here. (Famous last words)

A couple of my more nerdy football podcasts have covered a couple of these topics and two I just know anecdotally.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Just sent mine, four educated guesses and one utter stab in the dark.

We shall see how it plays out.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
12 of the 65 answers sent in so far were spot on and guaranteed goals. The process of awarding closest answers goals will begin this evening. Quite a good set of guesses here.

Just our [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] to clock in.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
As it stands, almost half the answers sent will be given points due to the 5th place tie ruling. One player, at present, has a maximum.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A maximum being a 5-0 win as they were closest on all five or they actually got all five questions spot on? The former is easy enough I guess, you just have to be less bad at guessing than your opponent. The latter would be insane!

The latter would surely spark an INVESTIGATION. :glare:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
A maximum being a 5-0 win as they were closest on all five or they actually got all five questions spot on? The former is easy enough I guess, you just have to be less bad at guessing than your opponent. The latter would be insane!

You are not playing against your opponent for the goal itself. You are playing against everyone. The best five answers in to each question are awarded a goal. However, if players in fifth position are equal in distance to others then more than five players may score goals.

E.g Answer 1990

1) 1990
2) 1990
3) 1990
4) 1989

And then there are 3 players equal distance to 5th who guessed 1988, 1988 and 1992.

Hence 7 players were awarded a goal. (This sort of equation has occurred)

Once you have your goals you are then pitted against your opponent for this round for your normal match.

My head hurts.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Thus the round of utter shite and injustice is concluded. Although VAR has upheld a few decisions.

Capture 40.PNG

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Capture 41.PNG

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports