[Football] NSC Football Quiz League

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Showed early promise but starting to falter, albeit after a tough run of games against the top two. Scoring 6 at home though usually would secure points but that's the difference between the top teams.

Gotta find a run of form to push hard for the top 4 again, or find ourselves cast adrift.

Might have to sack myself if i can't turn the form around.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Statistically, I’m getting sewn up here - along with your man, the badger, I’ve answered the most questions correctly through the total rounds, yet by fate of ‘conceding’ the most, i’m Clinging to a play-off spot, and dumped out of the cup :(

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
A barnstormer of a cup tie with [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] with the odd goal finally settling it to set up another local derby with [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION].

Fans should be licking their lips after our 3-3 draw in the league. Bring it on.

Making a late push for the play offs as well.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
A barnstormer of a cup tie with [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] with the odd goal finally settling it to set up another local derby with [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION].

Fans should be licking their lips after our 3-3 draw in the league. Bring it on.

Making a late push for the play offs as well.
Rock paper scissors in Prezzo it is then :wink:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
It’s tremendous credit to [MENTION=29192]Brighton Lines[/MENTION] that the top four have ‘only’ got two-thirds of the questions right. To me that shows the quiz is pitched at the perfect level. Nobody wants to see full houses from numerous people in every round. You have to work for every point in this.
Totally agree.

Fantastic work [MENTION=29192]Brighton Lines[/MENTION].

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Okay chaps, now for the Complete And Utter Shyte Round. One of only four remaining before we enter the play-off stage and the NSC Quiz Cup semi-finals on Friday.

And it really is a shite round.

Below are five questions, none of which you are likely to know the answer to (if you do fair play). However, old or young, a bit of thought may see you into the FIVE closest answers. If yours is one of the five closest answers you will score a precious goal in your tie.

If more than five get a correct answer on any given question then goals will be awarded to all the correct answers.

All the years are between 1945 and 1985. The answers for the numbered questions are between 20 and 50. In certain answers a goal may be awarded to more than five players if they cannot be separated in the closeness of their answers (e.g the 5th and 6th answers are the same).

Here are your Shyster questions:

1) After the famous 'White Horse' final of 1923, the next official 100,000 attendance for an FA Cup Final was in which year ?
2) In which year was the first League Cup final that was played as a single tie ?
3) In which year did Colombia resign as the official hosts of the following World Cup ?
4) Notts County are the biggest 'yo-yo' club of all. How many promotions and relegations combined have they suffered in the four divisions ?
5) Alan Shearer and Andy Cole jointly hold the record for the most goals by a player in a single season- how many ?

[MENTION=27836]Barham's tash[/MENTION] [MENTION=12422]Taybha[/MENTION] . [MENTION=34973]Lindfield23[/MENTION] [MENTION=4417]The Complete Badger[/MENTION] [MENTION=9822]KZNSeagull[/MENTION] [MENTION=37904]stewart12[/MENTION] [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] [MENTION=22929]Grombleton[/MENTION] [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION] [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] [MENTION=12847]jessiejames[/MENTION] [MENTION=14114]Lincolnshire Seagull[/MENTION] [MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION]

Capture 38.PNG

Last edited:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Okay chaps, now for the Complete And Utter Shyte Round. One of only four remaining before we enter the play-off stage and the NSC Quiz Cup semi-finals on Friday.

And it really is a shite round.

Below are five questions, none of which you are likely to know the answer to (if you do fair play). However, old or young, a bit of thought may see you into the FIVE closest answers. If yours is one of the five closest answers you will score a precious goal in your tie.

If more than five get a correct answer on any given question then goals will be awarded to all the correct answers.

All the years are between 1945 and 1985. The answers for the numbered questions are between 20 and 50. In certain answers a goal may be awarded to more than five players if they cannot be separated in the closeness of their answers (e.g the 5th and 6th answers are the same).

Here are your Shyster questions:

1) After the famous 'White Horse' final of 1923, the next official 100,000 attendance for an FA Cup Final was in which year ?
2) In which year was the first League Cup final that was played as a single tie ?
3) In which year did Colombia resign as the official hosts of the following World Cup ?
4) Notts County are the biggest 'yo-yo' club of all. How many promotions and relegations combined have they suffered in the four divisions ?
5) Alan Shearer and Andy Cole jointly hold the record for the most goals by a player in a single season- how many ?

View attachment 122461

In response to those questions, I have just two questions:

1, Who hurt you?
2, Would you like a hug?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Oh my god. Have you got any questions on quantum physics I could have a go at instead as I might have more of an idea on those?

:lolol:

It's called the Complete And Utter Shyster Round because it introduces a round in which there is a very random element. Like a match being decided on a crap decision.

Soz, but there had to be one round like that.

So you can play shite and still win.

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
With Q5, are we counting goals scored outside of the league (e.g. FA Cup, League Cup, Europe)?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
[MENTION=27836]Barham's tash[/MENTION] [MENTION=12422]Taybha[/MENTION] . [MENTION=34973]Lindfield23[/MENTION] [MENTION=4417]The Complete Badger[/MENTION] [MENTION=9822]KZNSeagull[/MENTION] [MENTION=37904]stewart12[/MENTION] [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] [MENTION=22929]Grombleton[/MENTION] [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION] [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] [MENTION=12847]jessiejames[/MENTION] [MENTION=14114]Lincolnshire Seagull[/MENTION] [MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION]

CLARIFICATION: Question 5 does relate to the PREMIER LEAGUE only.

Just had one entry where all five were pretty good answers. None correct but very close.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Wow that's so lucky, only last night I had all these questions on a zoom family quiz.

I thought we had an IMPOSTER last night. See Zoom ISN'T secure. I'm now checking my FIREWALL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports