Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] NSC Football Quiz League

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Couldn't decide between Clemence and Banks for that one. At the last minute, I thought about Hart. Wouldn't have made any difference!

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Clemence and Banks didn’t even cross my mind:dunce:

I assumed it would be someone recent due to more games being played and had it down to either Hart or Paul Robinson. Not sure what it says about me that most of you had legends of the game come to mind while I was thinking about two flappers!

I think Round 10 is perhaps the easiest round so far, I think there will be a lot of 8s and 9s. I’m not even going to try and work out Q10 but this bloody Haribo Cup one is starting to annoy me. I think I’ve got the first eight though.

I only know Q1 &Q10

all the other stuff is too recent

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
It's ridiculous that Hart has more England caps than Clemence.

Reminds me though of an amusing moment some years ago.

I met Andy King (ex-Everton) when he was manager of Grimsby. First thing I said to him: Excuse me, can you tell me where is King's Drive? The instant reply: Back of Clemence's net!

This was of course the answer I was looking for, but it was still a delight to hear it.

All seems a long time ago now.....

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Results a bit slow coming in but....

QVNIMTEzMTEyOTcw.jpg

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I have answers for all the questions apart from who knocked us out the Haribo Cup in 2017. I refuse to take a guess at it as I must know the answer, but I pay so little interest to that competition I can’t seem to find it in my brain.

I’m furloughed so luckily I can afford to spend the whole day thinking about it.

Not even as the Albion were involved in ???

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Not even as the Albion were involved in ???

I've attended the matches in the early stages (as far as Albion tend to get) but I wouldn't have known the answer to the question had I not looked it up for a question. And as I didn't know the answer, even though I should, I thought that some others might know the answer but others might not know the answer because they don't remember. So, if some know the answer, others should know the answer, and some can't remember the answer I thought it would be a good one to ask people to answer. It has turned out exactly that way.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
1)***** Denmark won Euro 1992 having only entered the finals stage after which team was disqualified ?
2)***** For which finals were the European Championships extended to 16 qualifiers for the first time ?
3)***** Albion defeated Swindon Town to reach the 2004 League One play-off finals. Who did their opponents Bristol City defeat ?
4)***** Nicky Forster signed for the Albion in which YEAR ?
5)***** Glen Murray signed for the Albion, first time round, in which YEAR ?
6)***** Manchester City have won four of the last five League Cup finals since 2016. Who won the other one ?
7)***** Who are the lowest positioned team left in this year’s FA Cup ?
8)***** Who was Albion's first Premier League away victory against (2017/18) ?
9)***** Who knocked Brighton out of the EFL Cup in 2017 ?
10)****Which English team have never lost at home in Europe over the 31 matches they have played ?

League Matches We're off to Hans Kraay's Hampshire Haunt for live coverage of second v third...

View attachment 122425

NSC Cup Quarter Final Then we travel north-east for a friendly Frutos welcome and a HUMDINGER of a cup tie.

Barham's Tash v Hans Kraay Fan Club
AMEX Ruislip v Kevo
Frutos v Taybha
KZN Seagull v The Complete Badger

In the cup it is only the first 9 matches that actually score points. Question ten is a tie breaker.
[MENTION=27836]Barham's tash[/MENTION] [MENTION=12422]Taybha[/MENTION] . [MENTION=34973]Lindfield23[/MENTION] [MENTION=4417]The Complete Badger[/MENTION] [MENTION=9822]KZNSeagull[/MENTION] [MENTION=37904]stewart12[/MENTION] [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] [MENTION=22929]Grombleton[/MENTION] [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION] [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] [MENTION=12847]jessiejames[/MENTION]

Just for total clarification - Q10 is 31 HOME games they've played in Europe?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
[MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4417]The Complete Badger[/MENTION] to come.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Firstly the answers:

Capture 35.PNG

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Sorry, I’ve answered now.

Finally the Haribo Cup opponent came to me this afternoon while washing the car. I can’t believe I forgot it, that game caused arguments on NSC for months!

That's why I remembered it too....

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Now the league

Capture 36.PNG

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
And the NSC Quiz Cup

Capture 37.PNG

Your league questions for round 11- known as 'The Complete and Utter Shyte Round' are on their way.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
One year out for both Forster and Murray - assume Easy10 got both spot on. Changed my mind from 1996 for the Euros one at last minute. Terrible run of form atm - knocked out of the cup, too. They'll be calling for the manager's head soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here