[Football] NSC Football Quiz League

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What sort of question is that :lolol:

One that hopefully only one will know the ****ing answer to, or your guesses will not be the same or within the same range of years.

So, can one of you just get it right or absurdly wrong ? Pleeeaaaseee.

Frutos has got to sort out the home arrangements for the quarter final.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Correct answer submitted :mad:

Thankfully not. But I bet Lincolnshire Seagull guesses the same range out but in the other direction.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Do we have a reserve quizmaster? If this goes to a 4th replay i'm scared that [MENTION=29192]Brighton Lines[/MENTION] may well combust with frustration.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Do we have a reserve quizmaster? If this goes to a 4th replay i'm scared that [MENTION=29192]Brighton Lines[/MENTION] may well combust with frustration.

Ha, most folk find it funny when I have a diva strop. I don't do anger very well. I worked in an almost all female office last time round and, despite being the eldest of the group, was always mothered and 'there there'd' when my frustrations with technology overcame me.

'Now, have you pressed the wrong button again'
'YES I HAVE'
'It'll be fine, would you like a coffee ?'
'Oh, yes !'
'And your favourite rich tea biscuits ?'
'Yes, pleeaaase'
'See it's okay now isn't it ?'

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Average score in this round is 3.15

Sorry, just bored.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
[MENTION=12422]Taybha[/MENTION] has defeated [MENTION=14114]Lincolnshire Seagull[/MENTION] at the fourth time of asking. The answer was 1928. Taybha was closest with 1935.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Just [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] and [MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION] to come

While we are at it:

NSC Quiz Cup first round, second replay.
[MENTION=12422]Taybha[/MENTION] v [MENTION=14114]Lincolnshire Seagull[/MENTION] -live on a dodgy stream somewhere.

Kit Napier is Albion's third highest goalscorer. In which year did he play his final match ?

Answers as soon as you pick up this post please. Nearest wins.

On it

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
1) Who finished second behind Leicester City in the Premier League in 2016 ? Arsenal
2) Who finished second behind Manchester United in the Premier league season of 92/93 ? Aston Villa
3) Who were the runners up at Euro 2004 ? Portugal
4) Who is second in the 2019/20 Premier League goal scorer’s chart ? (I appreciate this is a long time ago) Aubameyang
5) Two England players are second behind Peter Shilton in the table of goalkeeper’s caps with 75 each. David Seaman is one, who is the other ? Joe Hart

Capture 32.PNG

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well played [MENTION=4417]The Complete Badger[/MENTION]

5/5 on that set is mightily impressive :clap2:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
1)***** Denmark won Euro 1992 having only entered the finals stage after which team was disqualified ?
2)***** For which finals were the European Championships extended to 16 qualifiers for the first time ?
3)***** Albion defeated Swindon Town to reach the 2004 League One play-off finals. Who did their opponents Bristol City defeat ?
4)***** Nicky Forster signed for the Albion in which YEAR ?
5)***** Glen Murray signed for the Albion, first time round, in which YEAR ?
6)***** Manchester City have won four of the last five League Cup finals since 2016. Who won the other one ?
7)***** Who are the lowest positioned team left in this year’s FA Cup ?
8)***** Who was Albion's first Premier League away victory against (2017/18) ?
9)***** Who knocked Brighton out of the EFL Cup in 2017 ?
10)****Which English team have never lost at home in Europe over the 31 matches they have played ?

League Matches We're off to Hans Kraay's Hampshire Haunt for live coverage of second v third...

Capture 33.PNG

NSC Cup Quarter Final Then we travel north-east for a friendly Frutos welcome and a HUMDINGER of a cup tie.

Barham's Tash v Hans Kraay Fan Club
AMEX Ruislip v Kevo
Frutos v Taybha
KZN Seagull v The Complete Badger

In the cup it is only the first 9 matches that actually score points. Question ten is a tie breaker.
[MENTION=27836]Barham's tash[/MENTION] [MENTION=12422]Taybha[/MENTION] . [MENTION=34973]Lindfield23[/MENTION] [MENTION=4417]The Complete Badger[/MENTION] [MENTION=9822]KZNSeagull[/MENTION] [MENTION=37904]stewart12[/MENTION] [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] [MENTION=22929]Grombleton[/MENTION] [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION] [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] [MENTION=12847]jessiejames[/MENTION]

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Thanks - and apologies you had the misfortune to be playing me in my best round of the season.

Although I only really knew four, I’m surprised Joe Hart has played that many games for England but he was the only guess I could come up with that seemed possible.

I can’t wait to find out the answer to Q10 in the next round. I have absolutely no idea who that could be.

This next round is going to be a pickle :lol:

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I’m in... but don’t know how to DM or see my DM’s. Don’t think I’ve ever clicked on a page other than the big board.....but other than that would be up for being in the / a hat.

Edit: 11 days too late* :lol:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Feeling more positive about this round than I did the last, hopefully I can rebound from the setback and get my quest for the Double back on track.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Thanks - and apologies you had the misfortune to be playing me in my best round of the season.

Although I only really knew four, I’m surprised Joe Hart has played that many games for England but he was the only guess I could come up with that seemed possible.

I can’t wait to find out the answer to Q10 in the next round. I have absolutely no idea who that could be.

One of the two I got wrong. I went for Clemence who it turns out, got TWO caps less :(

And that Q10 is tough, too. I’ve had an educated stab at it, but that’s all it is. More annoying for me is the 2004 play off one. I’ve got NOTHING. Frustrating

Last edited:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
One of the two I got wrong. I went for Clemence who it turns out, got TWO caps less :(

When I saw the question the only name that came to mind was Gordon Banks.

It never even occurred to me that Joe Hart has played more for England than he did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports