Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] NSC Football Quiz League

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Decent round for me I think/hope.

Pretty sure my Football Manager experience has pulled one out of the hat for me that I'd otherwise have been very unlikely to get barring a lucky guess.

Two tough fixtures though, these are good sides and we'll do well to come away with some positive results.

Absolute pig of a round for me! Only 2 I am certain of.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Answers submitted. I enjoyed that round. I had to think carefully about a couple but I think I got there.

6x confident answers
1x educated guess on Q5 - there are a couple of teams I know are doing well in League 2 although I can’t be sure my pick is top
3x complete guesses on Q4, Q9 and Q10

I checked my League 2 answer, after sending off my answers, and I’m not happy. I think that one might need to go to VAR.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Wow, I’ve just checked too and I had no idea that was the size of the gap! Looks like luck was on my side as I picked the right answer. I had the right two teams it was between, although I didn’t realise third place was also very much in the race.

It’s not just the SIZEof the gap. The ones I went for have a game in hand, so I’d maintain they are TOP ‘morally’. If the season ended tomorrow who would get the title? :mad:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sooo..... A very interesting and varied set of answers. No-one has a full house.

The answers are in.

All will soon be revealed. Including the NSC Quiz Cup Quarter Final Draw...

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
1) Who is Albion’s all-time leading goal scorer ? Tommy Cook
2) In which year did Crawley Town enter the football league ? 2011
3) Who did England beat in their first match of the 2006 World Cup finals ? Paraguay
4) FK Sūduva were the 2019 champions of which European country ? Lithuania
5) Who is currently top of League Two (Div 4) ? Crewe Alexandra
6) Manchester United were top of the Premier League until a minute from the end of 2011/12 season. Who did United beat that day only to be pipped by City ? Sunderland
7) What was Dean Wilkins highest League One finish as Albion manager ? 7th
8) Which English league team became the first to fold during a season for 30 years in 1992 ? Aldershot
9) In January 1979, a third round FA Cup match went to an astonishing four replays. Arsenal, the eventual winner, won the trophy that year. But which current northern Championship side were they playing in that third round match ? Massive
10) Albion finish 12th in the Third Division under Fred Goodwin. Name the year. 1969

Capture 27.PNG

Capture 28.PNG

Capture 29.PNG

Fixtures to follow later, which will include the Cup replay.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Respectfully, how is my score 4 in the cup and 5 in the league? (I think 5 is correct!)

Question 10 in the cup was a tie-breaker only and was only used if the two players were tied after 9. In the league it counted as a full question.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Two 7-6 wins...the fans certainly do get value for money with my lot.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
At least the winners of the Cup replay have got a glamour game to look forward to in the next round.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Round Nine.... It's all about coming second.

1) Who finished second behind Leicester City in the Premier League in 2016 ?
2) Who finished second behind Manchester United in the first :)rant:) Premier league season of 92/93 ?
3) Who were the runners up at Euro 2004 ?
4) Who is second in the 2019/20 Premier League goal scorer’s chart ? (I appreciate this is a long time ago)
5) Two England players are second behind Peter Shilton in the table of goalkeeper’s caps with 75 each. David Seaman is one, who is the other ?

NSC Cup First Round Replay

Taybha v Lincolnshire Seagull

In which year did Mike Bamber become chairman of the Albion ?

Nearest answer wins the tie.

[MENTION=27836]Barham's tash[/MENTION] [MENTION=12422]Taybha[/MENTION] . [MENTION=34973]Lindfield23[/MENTION] [MENTION=4417]The Complete Badger[/MENTION] [MENTION=9822]KZNSeagull[/MENTION] [MENTION=37904]stewart12[/MENTION] [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] [MENTION=22929]Grombleton[/MENTION] [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION] [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] [MENTION=12847]jessiejames[/MENTION]

Last edited:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I'm interested in what [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION] put for the Crawley question to see if I need to beat myself with a large stick for changing my answer at the last minute.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here