Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] NSC Football Quiz League

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Away from doing me good, maybe I'm to defensive at home.

Daylight Robbery. I should have presumed as much from the name :wink:

Gotta get my play-off spot back now...thankfully home advantage might help.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Round SEVEN

A) Albion- The Withdean Years (Grombleton, Stewart12, Easy10, Amex Ruislip, The Complete Badger)

1) Who was Albion’s first league defeat at Withdean against ?
2) Albion’s last match at Withdean was against Huddersfield Town. What was the score ?
3) Albion’s first second tier win at Withdean came in November 2002. Who was that against ?
4) How many promotions and relegations in total were there during Albion’s time at Withdean ?
5) Who was Albion’s biggest competitive win at Withdean against ?

B) International Football in 1970s & 1980s (Jessie James)

1) Who won the Golden Boot at the 1986 World Cup ?
2) Daniel Bertoni was the leading scorer in the 1978 World Cup. Who did he play for ?
3) Who won the 1984 European Championships ?
4) England’s opening match at Euro96 was against who ?
5) Which home nation made the play offs for the semi final the 1976 European Championships, the only home nation to have won their group ?

C) Premier League 2018/19 (TayBHA, Lindfield23)

1) Who replaced Conte as Chelsea manager pre-season ?
2) Albion finished 17th. Who was in 16th ?
3) How many defeats did Manchester City and Liverpool have combined ?
4) Three players finished on 22 goals. Salah, Mane and… ?
5) Albion managed to score three goals twice. Against Crystal Palace and… ?

D) Cup shocks over the years (Kevo, Barham’s Tash)

1) Who were the last third tier team to make the semi-finals ?
2) Who beat Div 2 Leicester City in a famous 1980 third round win for this obscure Essex non-league team ?
3) Who beat Malcolm Allinson’s Div 1 Manchester City in a famous mud bath at this old Yorkshire Div 4 ground, also in 1980 ?
4) Brighton were beaten by which non-league team in the 1996/97 season ?
5) Which non-league team led twice at Liverpool in 2008 ?

E) Nicknames (Frutos, Hans Kraay, KZN Seagull, Lincolnshire Seagull)

1) Which two teams are known as the ‘Latics’ ?
2) Newcastle United and which team are known as the ‘Magpies’.
3) Bristol Rovers are known as ‘The Gas’ but they are traditionally known under another nickname too. What is that ?
4) Manchester United share the nickname ‘Red Devils’ with which fourth tier team ?
5) Which ex-football league team were known as the ‘Quakers’ ?

Capture 22.PNG
[MENTION=27836]Barham's tash[/MENTION] [MENTION=12422]Taybha[/MENTION] . [MENTION=34973]Lindfield23[/MENTION] [MENTION=4417]The Complete Badger[/MENTION] [MENTION=9822]KZNSeagull[/MENTION] [MENTION=37904]stewart12[/MENTION] [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] [MENTION=22929]Grombleton[/MENTION] [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION] [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] [MENTION=12847]jessiejames[/MENTION] [MENTION=14114]Lincolnshire Seagull[/MENTION] [MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION]

Last edited:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I think I might know more from a different section!

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
FAIRLY confident on those Withdean answers. Had to get the old pen & paper out for the promtion/relegation seasons.

[edit] Nicknames was a gimmee.

Last edited:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Nicknames looks like the shrewd pick here, there’s a 5/5 in there for everyone. Premier League is the pig of the round, I wouldn’t be sure of more than two of those.

Yeah, was thinking the same. Damn.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Jesus, that line-up is about as attractive as a horse in a bikini. Thank god I must have been out that weekend.

If this lockdown continues, those bikini wearing nags better have fast legs then. I'd take nay football.

Edit: What a perfect typo.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nicknames looks like the shrewd pick here, there’s a 5/5 in there for everyone. Premier League is the pig of the round, I wouldn’t be sure of more than two of those.

Nicknames would be the pick, except if you’re up against someone else who chose it - going to be a full points draw, methinks.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I thought it could be a good one to go for but avoided it just in case Brighton Lines threw in some overseas curveballs. Knowing the nicknames of the English 91 is one thing, but I couldn’t risk going into battle on foreign clubs armed with only ‘Los Blancos’ and ‘The Old Lady’.

Wasn't really thinking straight. Thought nicknames could refer to anything eg player nicknames. If it had been 'Club nicknames' I would defo have gone for it. Still, I'm now confident of the answers for my section - the only ptoblem is my opponent has chosen, you guessed it, nicknames. I predict the first 5-5 draw.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
There may be a few draws in this round....

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The interesting part here is that the Premier League seems no longer fresh in folk's minds.

I reckon if we had been Championship then there would have been more knowledge. There's something about being upstairs, it's as if we want to be there because we should really. But it's more about where we finish than enjoying the football itself. I much preferred the Championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here