Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] NSC Football Quiz League

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Just [MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION] & [MENTION=12847]jessiejames[/MENTION] to come for round six. Don't forget to include your options from Post 139.

Very interesting round here with one or two surprises.
I'll get on it

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Advanced notice of round seven. The halfway point. And to celebrate you get to CHOOSE the category of questions you wish to answer.

A) Albion- The Withdean years
B) International football competition in the 1970s and 1980s
C) Premier League 2018/19
D) Cup shocks over the years
E) Who's nickname is this.

D please

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
You've been awarded a compassionate point for your first answer. You named the manager not the team. Which was probably harder !

Do I get a compassionate goal for incorrectly typing 1945 when I meant 1940 for the 18-0 v Norwich?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Fascinating round. Whole range of scores and interesting choices for the next round.

You ******** have forced me to post questions for EVERY category ! :rant:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Do I get a compassionate goal for incorrectly typing 1945 when I meant 1940 for the 18-0 v Norwich?

No. You got a :dunce:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
1. Name the first team to part company with their manager after the start of the 2017/18 Premier League season. Crystal Palace
2. Who did Cardiff City defeat in the semi-final of the 2008 FA Cup? Barnsley
3. Who did Wales defeat in the quarter finals of Euro 2016? Belgium
4. Who did Bobby Robson succeed as England manager? Ron Greenwood
5. When Kevin Keegan returned to England from Hamburg in 1980 which club did he join? Southampton

Check your scores as always

I'll do the next questions once I've had me bath and my horlicks.

Capture 21.PNG

Capture 20.PNG

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Balls. Another 4-3 defeat. No longer top scorer either. My play-off place in jeopardy.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
5/5 in the last round to 1/5 this time. Nobody can say a ticket at the Sett is not great value for money.

How are people getting 4 and 5 in that round? Barnsley in an FA Cup semi final - what the hell?

I smell corruption!

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
My first dropped points of the season, need to pick myself up and bounce back for the next game.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Hans Kraay v TayBHA in the next round of matches. Might be moved to an evening kick off. Sorry to those travelling down to the Solent from Essex. Frutos may have an early kick off for his long trip to Grombleton too.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
5/5 in the last round to 1/5 this time. Nobody can say a ticket at the Sett is not great value for money.

How are people getting 4 and 5 in that round? Barnsley in an FA Cup semi final - what the hell?

It was the worst semi-final line up of all time. Cardiff v Barnsley in one, and Portsmouth v West Brom in the other!

Barnsley beat Chelsea to get there, tbf.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Lucky to get all 5. I’d typed Watford (Silva) for the first, and meant to send it, but forgot.

De Boer came to me last minute, and secured me the win (which is more than he ever did for Palace!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here