[Football] NSC Football Quiz League

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Fair play to anyone who got 5 in that last round I would of put a few Bob on Q1 answer being Reading, just shows how a few years distorts the old memory.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
To add to the above. Each player gets the category they want in round seven. But I'll be asking you for your choice BEFORE I produce the questions. You don't get to look at all the questions first and then decide which batch you fancy answering !

Do we PM you our choice? And if we choose say Withdean years does that mean in subsequent rounds we then also get a choice but obviously without that category removed?

I guess what I’m asking is will those sets of questions have to be faced as we progress or will you do generic sets for all going forward?

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Big game today. Need all Stewart12 fans to be our #12thman #UTS12

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
To add to the above. Each player gets the category they want in round seven. But I'll be asking you for your choice BEFORE I produce the questions. You don't get to look at all the questions first and then decide which batch you fancy answering !

Category E, please.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Do we PM you our choice? And if we choose say Withdean years does that mean in subsequent rounds we then also get a choice but obviously without that category removed?

I guess what I’m asking is will those sets of questions have to be faced as we progress or will you do generic sets for all going forward?

The questions you get to answer have no bearing in what you get in the future. It's just a one off round.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Much tougher this time round, I'm confident-ish on two, gut feeling guess at one other and complete stabs in the dark on the remaining two.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Advanced notice of round seven. The halfway point. And to celebrate you get to CHOOSE the category of questions you wish to answer.

A) Albion- The Withdean years
B) International football competition in the 1970s and 1980s
C) Premier League 2018/19
D) Cup shocks over the years
E) Who's nickname is this.

I'll take Category E please, Bob.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Just come in from work to see that I lost the North East derby to [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] 4-3. Poo. Am slipping down the table now to my rightful place.

Category E please for round 7. Thanks!!

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I'll also go for Withdean years

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Fair play to anyone who got 5 in that last round I would of put a few Bob on Q1 answer being Reading, just shows how a few years distorts the old memory.

I put Reading down and was convinced that to be the correct answer, until I 're read the question again. I was confident in that round but totally ****ed it up, oh well.
Liking this next round of questions.

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
I'll go for category C please

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Just come in from work to see that I lost the North East derby to [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] 4-3. Poo. Am slipping down the table now to my rightful place.

Category E please for round 7. Thanks!!

Wasn't selected for broadcasting. I had to listen on the wireless.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Round six:

1. Name the first team to part company with their manager after the start of the 2017/18 Premier League season.
2. Who did Cardiff City defeat in the semi-final of the 2008 FA Cup ?
3. Who did Wales defeat in the quarter finals of Euro 2016 ?
4. Who did Bobby Robson succeed as England manager ?
5. When Kevin Keegan returned to England from Hamburg in 1980 which club did he join ?

View attachment 122249

I'm sure on 3 answers, but guessing 2 others ???

Advanced notice of round seven. The halfway point. And to celebrate you get to CHOOSE the category of questions you wish to answer.

A) Albion- The Withdean years
B) International football competition in the 1970s and 1980s
C) Premier League 2018/19
D) Cup shocks over the years
E) Who's nickname is this.

Withdean years for me please :)

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm sure on 3 answers, but guessing 2 others ???

Withdean years for me please :)

You've been awarded a compassionate point for your first answer. You named the manager not the team. Which was probably harder !

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Just [MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION] & [MENTION=12847]jessiejames[/MENTION] to come for round six. Don't forget to include your options from Post 139.

Very interesting round here with one or two surprises.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports