Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] NSC Football Quiz League

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
Despite my abysmal performance so far (which is likely to continue, judging by The Complete Badger's confidence), I am really enjoying this competition. Big thanks to Brighton Lines for organising it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Apologies, you may have caught me on a good day. Whoever gets me next will no doubt find me back in the form of failing to recall last season’s PL top scorer and who England played in the last qualifying group.

Absolutely agree with you on the quality of the quiz so far. It’s been a great mix of things I know, things I can guess and things I haven’t got a clue about. Quizzes are always rubbish when they’re either too hard or too easy. This is spot on. I’m just hoping [MENTION=29192]Brighton Lines[/MENTION] has got the trivia and stamina for nine more great rounds.

It's kind of you to say. After the first round I realised that those of us of a certain age have an advantage. So the plan for questions that are dated is to make them ones that most should know regardless of age (everyone got Portugal 1966) or very, very hard but guessable- with nearest answer options if they are ones that no-one is likely to know if they didn't look up (which I'm happy that no-one is doing).

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I have to echo the words of my fellow players - this has been brilliant so far, and I think the difficulty has been pitched perfectly. Hard enough to make you think, but not so hard as to be impossible.

Thanks for all your efforts [MENTION=29192]Brighton Lines[/MENTION]. [emoji106]

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I'm taking part in this as a fan, someone the league often forgets about.

♫♪♫ I love you [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION], ♫♪♫
♫♪♫ I love you [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION], ♫♪♫
♫♪♫ I love you [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION]. ♫♪♫
♪♫♪ Oh, [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION] I love you. ♪♫♪

I can stand the despair; it's the hope that kills me.

:bowdown::kiss::wozza:

Maybe we should have team colours and scarves. Mustn't forget our CUSTOMERS. I like AR too, but alas can do him no favours.

:p

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Straight in, took me two minutes, and I believe I’m in the running for 5/5. It’s only the top scorer I’m slightly in two minds about.

I'm not convinced I've got the top scorer one right, but I'm pretty confident with the other four.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Anyone know the 'played for 4 PL winning sides but never won the PL himself'?

Asking for a friend.......

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Point of clarity on:

4 Conor Hourihane had the most assists that season. Who did he play for ?

Who did he play for should really have asked specifically for both teams. As it didn't, either or both will score a goal for that question.

We finally have a MAXIMUM from someone in this round (in fact TWO). One person will be pissed off that 4 goals wasn't enough for a point... :lolol:

Three entries to come.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Point of clarity on:

Who did he play for should really have asked specifically for both teams. As it didn't, either or both will score a goal for that question.

We finally have a MAXIMUM from someone in this round (in fact TWO). One person will be pissed off that 4 goals wasn't enough for a point... :lolol:

Three entries to come.
One of which is me

I’m sure of 4, and agonising over the top scorer.

Glad you clarified the Hourihane one. Was wondering!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Point of clarity on:

Three entries to come.

???

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
We finally have a MAXIMUM from someone in this round (in fact TWO.

Still gutted I didn't score 5 in round 2! I knew the answer I got wrong, just accidentally typed in the wrong thing by mistake! I blame lockdown boozing.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Just [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] to arriive.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Ooohh, did I mention there was a prize....?

93620807_1121594914845927_1849158436550344704_n.jpg

Last edited:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
1 Who did Huddersfield Town defeat in the play-off semi-final? Massive
2 Albion fans went bat shit crazy at the AMEX after hearing Huddersfield Town had drawn against which team, thus officially confirming us as promoted? Derby County
3 Who was the top scorer in the league? Chris Wood
4 Conor Hourihane had the most assists that season. Who did he play for? Barnsley & Aston Villa (either is fine)
5 Which team finished bottom? Rotherham United

Scores (always check that you are happy your total is correct)

Capture 16.PNG

Table:

Capture 17.PNG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here