Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] NSC Football Quiz League

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
Just interested here. What's the first FA Cup FInal you and [MENTION=34973]Lindfield23[/MENTION] remember ?

Vaguely remember bits of West Ham - Liverpool from 2006 although that might just have been from news bulletins and the like, watched the following year's one (Man Utd - Chelsea) in full

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
Congratulations [MENTION=34973]Lindfield23[/MENTION] - nothing I could have done, the better team won.

All the best for the Final [emoji106]

If there's a second "season" of this, I would love to participate, it's been brilliant fun.

Cheers Frutos - I have to hold my hands up and say I got lucky with a fair few punts there (especially the Gary Lineker and 1982 World Cup ones) - commiserations, but also congrats for finishing top of the league:smile:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The NSC Quiz Cup Final will be between:

Barham's Tash & Taybha

Semi-final results:

Barham's Tash 8 AMEX Ruislip. 6
The Complete Badger. 4 Taybha 8

1) Who won the most FA Cups ? Arsenal
2) Two teams have been FA Cup runners up eight times. Name either of those teams (One guess only) Everton & Manchester United
3) How many times have Albion reached the FA Cup Quarter Finals ? 4
4) Who won the first division in 1989 ? Arsenal
5) In which year did Albion have their lowest football league finish ? 1997
6) In which year did Chris Cattlin take over as Albion manager ? 1983
7) Birmingham City last won the League Cup in which year ? (between 2005 & 2015) 2011
8) Who were the last team outside the top flight to win the FA Cup ? (1980) West Ham United
9) Who finished bottom of the football league last year ? Yeovil Town
10) Who finished top of the National League last year ? Leyton Orient
Tie Breaker (To count if level, nearest answer wins)- When did Wolves last win the Div 1/Premier League title ? 1959

As merely a spectator, I have been thoroughly enjoying this thread. But shouldn't the answer to question 5 here be 1997 AND 1998?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
As merely a spectator, I have been thoroughly enjoying this thread. But shouldn't the answer to question 5 here be 1997 AND 1998?

Both answers were accepted. Everyone said 1997 although one offered both.

1997 was the year of the lowest finish then 1998 equalled it. I realised the question could have been worded better.

Who are you supporting in the final ?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
NSC Quiz League Champions FInal
[MENTION=34973]Lindfield23[/MENTION] v [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION]

Please follow below directions.

There are SIX tasks. All must be answered. Only one of you can get a goal for a task (unless you both score maximum points from that task)

The closest amount of correct answers within each task determines where the goal goes.

If scores are tied at the end of the match then the winner will be determined by the overall amount of marks gained throughout the tasks in the final.

Take your time. It may take you a couple of worthy hours.

But the winner will be proclaimed NSC QUIZ LEAGUE CHAMPION 2019/20

N.B You cannot give more than the designated number of correct answers.

1) Albion were promoted in 2010/11 from League One- Name 20 other clubs who were in the league that year
2) Name all 16 qualifiers for the 1978 World Cup Finals (10 European, 3 South American, 1 Central America, 1 Africa, 1 Asia)
3) 24 Clubs have won the Div1/Premier League. Name 20 of them.
4) Since 2000, 15 players have been the Premier League top scorer (sometimes as joint). Name them.
5) For each of the seasons since from 2006/07 to 2015/16 (inclusive), name Albion's league and finishing position.
6) Name the starting 11 for Albion's first match in the Premier League against Manchester City in 2017/18

The prize:

Shirt.jpg

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Both answers were accepted. Everyone said 1997 although one offered both.

1997 was the year of the lowest finish then 1998 equalled it. I realised the question could have been worded better.

Who are you supporting in the final ?

Just looking forward to a high-scoring, entertaining match!

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Just looking forward to a high-scoring, entertaining match!

It's pay per view across the pond. I'll send you the details.

Or it costs 5 bottles of disinfectant...

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
[MENTION=34973]Lindfield23[/MENTION] [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION]

Sunday evening is fine for your answers. There is no hurry.

Last edited:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
NSC Quiz Cup Final
[MENTION=27836]Barham's tash[/MENTION] v [MENTION=12422]Taybha[/MENTION]

One goal for each question. Q1 & 2- nearest answer gets the goal. Two exact answers mean a goal each.

Answers for Sunday evening.

1) 15 teams have won the FA Cup four or more times. Name them.
2) IN which year was the first League Cup final ?
3) How many times have Albion reached the League Cup quarter finals ?
4) Who were Albion defeated by in the quarter finals of the 1986 FA Cup ?
5) Who won the first FA Cup final at the new Wembley ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
[MENTION=34973]Lindfield23[/MENTION] v [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION]

There are SIX tasks. All must be answered. Only one of you can get a goal for a task (unless you both score maximum points from that task)

The closest amount of correct answers within each task determines where the goal goes.

If scores are tied at the end of the match then the winner will be determined by the overall amount of marks gained throughout the tasks in the final.

1) Albion were promoted in 2010/11 from League One- Name 20 other clubs who were in the league that year
2) Name all 16 qualifiers for the 1978 World Cup Finals (10 European, 3 South American, 1 Central America, 1 Africa, 1 Asia)
4) Since 2000, 15 players have been the Premier League top scorer (sometimes as joint). Name them.
5) For each of the seasons since from 2006/07 to 2015/16 (inclusive), name Albion's league and finishing position.
6) Name the starting 11 for Albion's first match in the Premier League against Manchester City in 2017/18

The prize:

View attachment 122734

Ooh. Interesting questions.

Q1 I’m definitely good for - maybe all 24 if you want them!

The 1978 one is a bugger. 1982 would be much, much easier, as I had the sticker book!

The Man City starting line up will take a while but i’ll Be annoyed if I don’t get all that.

The other two will need a lot of thought.

Bring it on :clap2:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Ooh. Interesting questions.

Q1 I’m definitely good for - maybe all 24 if you want them!

The 1978 one is a bugger. 1982 would be much, much easier, as I had the sticker book!

The Man City starting line up will take a while but i’ll Be annoyed if I don’t get all that.

The other two will need a lot of thought.

Bring it on :clap2:

Could be a high scoring final. But, aside of the views of us in the quiz, this thread has had a few thousand other spectators.

So a lot will be viewing the final.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

The prize:

View attachment 122734
Going to have a go at this myself to see how I fare. Good questions.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Many thanks for the nice messages. Although I'm used to working in capacities where I have to please everyone and despite my efforts nothing I do will ever be good enough. So feel free to have a good old whine as well. It makes me feel more valued !

On a more serious note, I think little competitions like this are good for folk's well-being. It's friendly camaraderie. I live on my own now and apart from working from home (a job that I may be losing soon because of the virus) this kind of thing gives me something to look forward to each day. So thanks to everyone for committing to the series. I've really been enjoying it. In the next couple of days we move to the BUSINESS END.

Only just found this thread .
It’s one of the most worthwhile I’ve ever seen on NSC.
Im not too sad I didn’t enter as I would have been bottom of the table.
well done Brighton Lines

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If anybody reading the thread wants to have a go at the finalists questions in thread #526, I'm happy to score their attempts.

You have till tomorrow evening to do it but no looking online. The questions are based on trust.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
All done , Cheers for doing this young man , it's been good to test the old noodle , next time we cross paths i will treat you to your fav tipple a nice Campari and Soda with a brolly :smile:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
If anybody reading the thread wants to have a go at the finalists questions in thread #526, I'm happy to score their attempts.

You have till tomorrow evening to do it but no looking online. The questions are based on trust.

Would be interesting to see how many the two finalists get correct - rather than just number of goals scored.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
NSC Quiz Cup Final
[MENTION=27836]Barham's tash[/MENTION] v [MENTION=12422]Taybha[/MENTION]

One goal for each question. Q1 & 2- nearest answer gets the goal. Two exact answers mean a goal each.

Answers for Sunday evening.

1) 15 teams have won the FA Cup four or more times. Name them.
2) IN which year was the first League Cup final ?
3) How many times have Albion reached the League Cup quarter finals ?
4) Who were Albion defeated by in the quarter finals of the 1986 FA Cup ?
5) Who won the first FA Cup final at the new Wembley ?

Answers in. Great set of questions.

I’ve been semi obsessed with the cup since watching The English Game on Netflix.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Would be interesting to see how many the two finalists get correct - rather than just number of goals scored.

Happy to publish that.

Although it would take longer to collate.

That said, I've got **** all else to do this weekend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here