Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] NSC Confidence Test: Which position do you think we will finish in?

Which position will we finish in?

• 1st

Votes: 74 21.1%
  • 2nd

Votes: 169 48.3%
  • 3rd

Votes: 72 20.6%
  • 4th

Votes: 27 7.7%
  • 5th

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • 6th

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 7th or worse

Votes: 2 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I'm not going through all that again with the playoffs, losing out to a team who weren't massively up for it in the first place.
2nd place for me :bhasign:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
2nd but we need to up our game straight away - I don't see much help coming from the competition. Think we'll need 90+ points too

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Despite my personal wobble, things will be clearer by Feb 28, I still say 2nd.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Huddersfield are last year's Burnley
We are last year's Boro
Newcastle are last year's Hull, but unlike Hull will lose in the play off final to Reading

He says with complete misguided confidence

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I hope with the seasons form we will be second......BUT.....Huddersfield will have to tail off and soon. I think and hope they will have a blip, if they don't they will easily beat us to second place.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Probably not but that is the lowest team that could catch us.

That equation doesn't include the match grids of the teams below. They all have to drop points against themselves. I'd say worst scenario is about 14th.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Who are the 2 jokers that have voted for 7th or lower?

I've gone for 1st as I'm feed up with the play-offs, and we will need as much time as possible to improve the squad.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Newcastle and us are having a bit of a wobble.
Huddersfield are having a hot streak.
All of these situations could continue for the rest of the season but are unlikely to.

Huddersfield have a very similar run of games to us.
Newcastle's is considerably harder.

Having taken this into consideration,
I have plumped for 1st.

This is based on the similarities with last year.

I think we have the experience now to cope with the run in better, We are well placed and in Hughton have a manager who knows what is required. I expect the experience of last year and a reasonable run in, will enable us to manage each situation as it comes and get the points needed....Similar to Burnley last year.
Newcastle have the best squad and are firm favourites. I think their wobble will continue all season, but their superior squad will see of the upstarts pushing for third.... Boro
Huddersfield, find themselves unexpectedly in the mix and are playing out of their skins. A strong sense of togetherness is a big part of this... Us last year

Probably wrong, but I need to cling to something to stop me joining the bed wetters.
Composure is what is needed right now

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Newcastle and us are having a bit of a wobble.
Huddersfield are having a hot streak.
All of these situations could continue for the rest of the season but are unlikely to.

Huddersfield have a very similar run of games to us.
Newcastle's is considerably harder.

Having taken this into consideration,
I have plumped for 1st.

This is based on the similarities with last year.

I think we have the experience now to cope with the run in better, We are well placed and in Hughton have a manager who knows what is required. I expect the experience of last year and a reasonable run in, will enable us to manage each situation as it comes and get the points needed....Similar to Burnley last year.
Newcastle have the best squad and are firm favourites. I think their wobble will continue all season, but their superior squad will see of the upstarts pushing for third.... Boro
Huddersfield, find themselves unexpectedly in the mix and are playing out of their skins. A strong sense of togetherness is a big part of this... Us last year

Probably wrong, but I need to cling to something to stop me joining the bed wetters.
Composure is what is needed right now

How are Newcastle United having a 'wobble' ? Unbeaten in six (four wins) 26 points from their last 12 matches. I'd hate to see them come into form.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
How are Newcastle United having a 'wobble' ? Unbeaten in six (four wins) 26 points from their last 12 matches. I'd hate to see them come into form.

The fact they are only 1 point above us would suggest their recent 2 draws and 2 defeats have meant they've failed to break clear at the top. Which is what everyone expects.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

A wobble doesn't mean an implosion..
It means not really getting the results you expect to be getting and starting to look a bit vulnerable.

Their last 6 have been pretty tame opposition tbf. The one before that was a loss to Blackburn.

I think 14 points is probably below target for them in games against Blackburn, Rotherham, QPR, Norwich, Derby, Wolves, Brentford.
Good enough for 2nd granted, but not the form of the red hot favourites.

A wobble.. Ok better than our wobble. But enough to make the chasing pack think there's a chance they might blow top spot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here