Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] NSC.com took long to respond....

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I keep getting the same message when I try to log onto NSC from my own laptop and mobile "error connection timed out".

Tapatalk won't load NSC either.

I can access the rest of the internet from both without any problems.

However I can load NSC from my work laptop, which is how I can post this.

I'm working from home so it's all going through the same router and the same network provider.

Any ideas what the problem might be and how to solve it?

I have turned it on and off several times.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I've noticed that clicking on pages or threads can take longer or I have to refresh it as nothing comes up. Seems worse on my tablet than on my phone.

Anyone else having similar problems at the moment?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Same here, never from Windows PC but often from Iphone

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Unusable from Tapatalk for me and painfully slow on Windows PC via Chrome and Explorer but not so bad via Firefox.

GM98

Sep 6, 2008
Shoreham
Will not load on my laptop or phone. I've done a diagnostic check and it tells me the issue is with Northstandchat and not my laptop or phone

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I can get in via Tapatalk using the data allowance on my phone, but nothing loads using my WiFi connection - nether phone, tablet or laptop.

Every other website works fine on WiFi.

Very odd and irritating

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There was some sort of issue a week or so ago - although I'm not entirely sure how, why or what - as I'd not made any changes.

It affected me on my browser-of-choice, Safari, whilst the site remained super speedy on Chrome on the very same device.

In all cases that I'm aware of, clearing your browser cache (either just for NSC or completely if you have to), resolved the issue, so give that a go when you get the chance and see if it sorts it for you.

Apologies for the issue - I've no idea what caused it.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I have tried everything I can think of, but I still can't access the site except via my work laptop. I keep getting timed out messages and that NSC does support https settings.....

My personal laptop seems to have Google safe search locked somehow and I can't unlock it, so I don't know if this is related.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm with TalkTalk and have the same issue. I'm wondering if it's something to do with their Home safe protection.

What happens when you try to get on NSC on TalkTalk - what does the browser do and what message(s) does it give?

When I had the issue last week, periodically a page wouldn't load, and it would return some sort of "server not found" message. However, if I clicked refresh, the page would almost certainly load perfectly first time.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
What happens when you try to get on NSC on TalkTalk - what does the browser do and what message(s) does it give?

When I had the issue last week, periodically a page wouldn't load, and it would return some sort of "server not found" message. However, if I clicked refresh, the page would almost certainly load perfectly first time.

After a while I get this.

Screenshot_20220323_091656.jpg

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
And that happens literally every time on every single page? You can never load a single page from NSC on that device/browser/ISP combination?

Yes. Every NSC page. Cache and cookies cleared on all devices, but still the same. I've tried Edge, Firefox, chrome.

I've only got this problem with NSC. I did try Tapatalk and it's the same; NSC will not load unless I use a VPN or switch to mobile data.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I keep getting the same message when I try to log onto NSC from my own laptop and mobile "error connection timed out".

Tapatalk won't load NSC either.

I can access the rest of the internet from both without any problems.

However I can load NSC from my work laptop, which is how I can post this.

I'm working from home so it's all going through the same router and the same network provider.

Any ideas what the problem might be and how to solve it?

I have turned it on and off several times.

You are the Ghost of BensGrandad and I claim my £50

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
And that happens literally every time on every single page? You can never load a single page from NSC on that device/browser/ISP combination?

That's the message I get. I can't load anything unless I use my mobile data or a works laptop even when I'm working from home. My phone, laptop and tablet won't load a thing on the internet or tapatalk. I was fine up until Sunday.

I have noticed that Google safe search is locked on, and I can't unlock it for some reason, but that shouldn't block me in Bing and Firefox as well - should it?.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here