Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Out of interest have they said how sharing tickets is going to work when a business rather than an individual is named ticket holder?

Up until last season 1901 seats can be transferred by email through the 1901 website/portal, the recipient gets a print at home ticket or can use the QR code on their phone. Not sure if it's changing for the new season.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Out of interest have they said how sharing tickets is going to work when a business rather than an individual is named ticket holder?

Historically it has worked two ways.

1) Pre-Covid, for home tickets, you logged your account and you transferred the ticket to the third party who received a paper ticket. During the Covid games you also had to state the name of the person and this would be printed on the ticket.

2) Away games, obs pre-Covid, where ID is required, e.g. Palace, the recipient needed to carry a letter from the company stating use of the ticket.

Going forward I imagine home games the same. No idea about aways.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Up until last season 1901 seats can be transferred by email through the 1901 website/portal, the recipient gets a print at home ticket or can use the QR code on their phone. Not sure if it's changing for the new season.

Yes I'm aware of that but this is a whole new world where non smartphone users have to have a photo on their ticket from what I'm reading on here.

If for example your ticket has the name Superphil Ltd and you have 4 of them how are they going to work that?

Plus I can't see companies saying do you want to go to football Saturday....great you have to go and register with the club and give them your passport details and then I can transfer the ticket to you.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The first rule of 1901 Club is: you do not talk about 1901 Club. The second rule of 1901 Club is: you DO NOT talk about 1901 Club! Third rule of 1901 Club: if someone yells “stop!”, checks your ST, or caps out, the game is over. Fourth rule: only one guy for a seat.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Right for those who are interested guy from the club called me. Points restored, very polite and helpful again all is well in the world. Presumably an error.

Nice one.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Right for those who are interested guy from the club called me. Points restored, very polite and helpful again all is well in the world. Presumably an error.

What sort of post is this?!

Nobody wants to read about the club making an administrative error in good faith and then correcting it in a timely and professional manner as soon as it has been brought to their attention FFS

Glad you are sorted :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What sort of post is this?!

Nobody wants to read about the club making an administrative error in good faith and then correcting it in a timely and professional manner as soon as it has been brought to their attention FFS

Of course they don’t; this is why I reckon this post is nothing but a thinly veiled vehicle for telling everyone he’s in 1901. Good work I say.

(Herr Tubthumper makes mental note to add this routine to his repertoire.)

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Of course they don’t; this is why I reckon this post is nothing but a thinly veiled vehicle for telling everyone he’s in 1901. Good work I say.

(Herr Tubthumper makes mental note to add this routine to his repertoire.)

Wait till they make me a Director you lot will never hear the end of it. Me and Tone this, Barbs said to me in the Pub, Gaz thinks Palace are shit...
I'll be unbearable....

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
No but presumably its not a problem as you can't ID a company?

That was my question. Lots of companies have tickets and will just share the lanyards with whoever is going that week. The seats near me have different folk every week. I assume these will still function as they always have done and there won't be a need to identify the actual individual using the ticket that game.

Glad you got your loyalty points back.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That was my question. Lots of companies have tickets and will just share the lanyards with whoever is going that week. The seats near me have different folk every week. I assume these will still function as they always have done and there won't be a need to identify the actual individual using the ticket that game.

Glad you got your loyalty points back.

This changed for the Covid games though. It will be interesting to see if this change continues going forward. If Covid passports and IS etc are needed then I presume it will.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Yes I'm aware of that but this is a whole new world where non smartphone users have to have a photo on their ticket from what I'm reading on here.

If for example your ticket has the name Superphil Ltd and you have 4 of them how are they going to work that?

Plus I can't see companies saying do you want to go to football Saturday....great you have to go and register with the club and give them your passport details and then I can transfer the ticket to you.

Nothing has been communicated yet as far as I know, I’m sure when it is this thread can be updated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here