Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now, who's our biggest threat?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Villa will probably need to win at least another 17 games - it is uncommon to get auto with less than 50% games won, although their draw mountain might count in a tight finish. 17 wins from 26 is possible but challenging
With 17 wins, say 7 draws and 2 more losses, that gives them 86 points. I think they need more than 17 wins.

But as others have said, the real danger is that we stop doing what we have been doing well.
That's really what it boils down to. Others have lost more points than they should have, there's no stand out leader in the chasing pack, and the only way I see us being caught is if we can't continue playing well.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
North Korea

looming large on the horizon too,another 5 years and the opportunity to do anything about them goes and the states and other will simply have to take them seriously and talk to them.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
we are now in the position i feel where we absolutely simply have to sign a striker-Murray is ever present and top scorer,Hemed can step in but what if we lose (important goal) Baldock..
I agree that we have to try and get cover/competition for Baldock.

Any team that strings a run after January can be in with a chance,our 5 point lead can wiped out in an instant..
While I know that points can be caught up quickly, there's only 1 team that's 5 points behind, and I don't think they're the ones that will challenge. If Derby win today, they'll be our closest main rivals,10 points behind.

At some point a lead like 10 points could quickly drop to 5, and the pressure could be on. But I think our manager and squad can cope with that and keep fighting to the end.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
But I think our manager and squad can cope with that and keep fighting to the end.

I have a feeling that is/will happen,this team is resolute,it will be injuries that will scupper us......

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The table would look excellent at the moment if it weren't for Reading.

They really are the monkey in the wrench, so come on Leeds on Tuesday night basically.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Derby, Villa, Newcastle, Reading

Fulham as outsiders...

Can't argue with that.
Rude to ignore Reading as they are doing a helluva job hanging in there .
Villa maybe just too far back after their hangover start to the season. Derby for me the most likely to sustain a run.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Didn't mind Newcastle winning yesterday too much as it was against Brum. Same with Reading as I feel Weds will be a bigger threat than them. Importantly, we have reading still to play at home - same with Wednesday. Delighted with Norwich result, prob the most important one for us yesterday. Shame Villa won late on but I think they'll be more a play off worry if we end up there. Keeping an eye on Fulham for sure and probably the biggest worry is Derby. Let's hope Forest can get something there today.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hemed scored 17 goals last season and it's only because Murray is scoring so well at home, that's keeping him from starting. We also suffered when Baldock was injured. He does a lot more than people give him credit for.

Agreed. Hemed is a class player, he's just been unfortunate that Murray has been on fire. We need one player possibly - competition for Baldock. Can't see us selling anyone at all either as Tony has even said himself. But there will be many stories in the press of players leaving - often completely made up, and page after page on NSC about it!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The table would look excellent at the moment if it weren't for Reading.

They really are the monkey in the wrench, so come on Leeds on Tuesday night basically.
Nah, the table looks excellent despite Reading. They're behind Norwich, Derby and Shefwedlol as favourites for top two. I haven't been watching Reading, so this isn't a personal opinion, but reports are that they keep getting lucky, aren't playing well and are getting more than their share of penalties etc.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Assombalonga not playing for Forest.

Is he OFF to the albion in January ?

??? ??? ???

Yoda

English & European
Agreed. Hemed is a class player, he's just been unfortunate that Murray has been on fire. We need one player possibly - competition for Baldock. Can't see us selling anyone at all either as Tony has even said himself. But there will be many stories in the press of players leaving - often completely made up, and page after page on NSC about it!

With Murray on fire, but only banging them in at home, would it be worth a punt in starting Hemed in a couple of away fixtures?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Villa maybe just too far back after their hangover start to the season.

They've lost fewer games than Newcastle and look to be turning draws into wins now. I can see a Bruce directed transfer window spend of millions putting them in the mix come the end of the season.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Last edited:

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Nah, the table looks excellent despite Reading. They're behind Norwich, Derby and Shefwedlol as favourites for top two. I haven't been watching Reading, so this isn't a personal opinion, but reports are that they keep getting lucky, aren't playing well and are getting more than their share of penalties etc.

Well they certainly were lucky yesterday with that deflected goal.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well they certainly were lucky yesterday with that deflected goal.
Just looked up the match report:

Shots
Home12
Away18
Shots on Target
Home4
Away3

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If the table remains the same at the beginning of April, both the Albion and Newcastle fixtures don't look daunting if we can put the ball in the back of the net.

Not that any game really looks particularly daunting anymore. It seems that any visit to the Amex is daunting for the opposition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here