Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Now TV is shit. Never trust em

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It should be pointed out that even satellite feeds are not live. Even being at the match is not strictly live either as we are always experiencing an event sometime after it happened. So for some people in the north the goal is already scored whilst those in the south are still wondering.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Always turn phone off - sky go Is a bit behind so I do.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
£28.50 actually. And see my reply to Clapham. You are NOT helping Bozza with such ‘all fine here’ comments. I have been conned. Done. I want to watch LIVE football. Not everyone else knows the correct score but me FRAUDULENT LIVE football!! :censored::rant:

And I can’t complain because their customer service doesn’t exist and they’ve deducted from my mates Apple account instead of mine despite me signing in under mine. It’s shite. It doesn’t synch across all devices and I’m never using it again. Utter BOLLOCKS. :tantrum:

Viva illegal streams!!! :albion2:

Well I'm been a Now TV subscriber since it started and had a nice chat with the engineers involved on a work away day. Personally I prefer to watch it through a "non-pc/mac" device.

Get yourself a stick, a box like a Roku or through a Samsung TV where it is all built in.

That's my advice.

If you want delay, I'm one of those sad ****ers who has always listened to the radio comm AT THE AMEX. Everyone takes the piss, except Sheebo who will often ask me for the insights of Warren.

Most games he will give me a nudge.

DAB is horrendously delayed, so I listen in FM havent spent hours and ££££ buying up good FM radios that work. I take two to the game like the sad old man I am.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Well I'm been a Now TV subscriber since it started and had a nice chat with the engineers involved on a work away day. Personally I prefer to watch it through a "non-pc/mac" device.

Get yourself a stick, a box like a Roku or through a Samsung TV where it is all built in.

That's my advice.

AppleTV is "like a Roku" - it's a small box plugged into your TV.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sky have us by the gollocks. Seems the only Total guarantee you can see it live is by being there....oh.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
AppleTV is "like a Roku" - it's a small box plugged into your TV.

Yes I know (in great detail)

But I've found the Roku type devices (of which Sky owns a share) are the most reliable, beyond the Samsung OS built into their TVs which works like a dream.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Bloody hell. Chelsea have just scored a third.

Do we win 4-3? Love live NOW football...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes I know (in great detail)

But I've found the Roku type devices (of which Sky owns a share) are the most reliable, beyond the Samsung OS built into their TVs which works like a dream.

I've had an AppleTV for years and it has always just worked amazingly for everything.

Maybe other stuff works better, but I can't imagine how. I'll not be changing anytime in the near future.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I've had an AppleTV for years and it has always just worked amazingly for everything.

Maybe other stuff works better, but I can't imagine how. I'll not be changing anytime in the near future.

Not a fan of NowTV on tablets PCs to be honest. I haven't experienced Apple TV as a viewer, but believe you. I'm fully aware of Apple TV through work.

The best experience I've had is with Samsung TVs. Just bought a new one (I already have a small one in the kitchen) on the basis it has NowTV and BT sport app built in. Just another click on the EPG. Seamless, just works.

My TV blew up a few months ago and during lock down TVs were hard to get. I'm not into huge TVs, 32 inch is fine for me, but will only buy Samsung because of the OS.

Found a small retailer in Northern Ireland that still had one in stock.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I've got Now TV through my Youview box and it annoys me the delay I used to get through Sky has gone. I used to be able to walk from kitchen when a wicket or goal was announced and see a good 5 secs of build up

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
At 10:45, our manager is given the privilege of an interview. Should be about 01:00 for those on Now��

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Last season advertised a game on BT as also on Sky, that couldn’t get if have Sky. Money down the pan.

Decided would ‘treat’ self tonight, signed in to Apple TV. Entered my log in details but it charged my mates account who we share with. Then, to my horror, it’s about a minute behind the run of play, nothing to do with buffering. Just is. So getting texts etc saying who’s scored, miss etc and WTF? Have to wait 60secs to catch up.

Ow, and forget about making a complaint. Like most Subscription tech these days it appears impossible to speak to anyone or even register a complaint.

So I’m going to say...go to a pub next time. Now TV is a crock of s hite. Thieving buggers. Done me twice.

Surely...it’s your mate who should be arsed...you’ve charged his account, watched the match at his expense..and now you’re moaning because your broadband is pony.

Calm yourself.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Surely...it’s your mate who should be arsed...you’ve charged his account, watched the match at his expense..and now you’re moaning because your broadband is pony.

Calm yourself.

Thanks for being so concerned about my mate. But being my mate. I checked to see if this had transpired. And immediately paid him. Because he’s a mate.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Thanks for being so concerned about my mate. But being my mate. I checked to see if this had transpired. And immediately paid him. Because he’s a mate.

Ah...you see you missed that vital piece of info in your rant.

Good for you.

He’s probably dumping you off the account as I type.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here