Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now the travellers are in Withdean Park!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Just stood behind a couple of these SCUMBAGS and their little brat kids in co-op Lewes road! Looks like they'd spent £100 on food, hope they don't get hit by a bus..

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007
I talk on a regular basis to councillors - of all parties - on a variety of issues, some of which I hear about first on here. I'll go back to them, and get their take on it. Sometimes it's something that is quite worrying; at other times it's having to correct some absolute drivel that the Argus has written. The latter is quite a common theme for all parties.

In private, most talk about city-wide issues quite openly and quite encouragingly. In public, many (though not all) talk out of their arses, which is a pity because you know what they're doing - as a rule - is toeing a party line.

For all the twaddle written and spoken about councillors, what their roles are and how they go about them (and it's evident many on here don't know who is responsible for what), most of them care deeply about the city, and their opinions (in private) do largely co-incide with those of councillors of other parties.

In this instance, no councillors are actively welcoming the travellers, but all of them, frustrated as they are by certain aspects of the law, like and need to be seen to be operating within the rule of law.

Thanks for the clarification.

From a local residents point of view who uses Preston Park everyday and e mails both Police and council traveller liaison every time they appear at the park I am staggered by the ping pong of blame they both foster, the police blame the council the council come out with a standard line of fair play. Both parties make me feel like I am the offender for daring to question their operations thereby chipping away at my support for them, I am not alone as I speak to many in the park who all feel the same way.

I take your point that the council do what they have to but I feel they could do more as the laws are there to move them on quickly (see the coventry article in this thread) At the moment we are a holiday town with 2 big events this weekend and people visiting down the A23 are treated to Surrenden fields and then Preston park. Its wrong. My thoughts which have no substance are the traveller liaison team have as much interest in moving them on as turkeys have for looking forward to Christmas.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Just stood behind a couple of these SCUMBAGS and their little brat kids in co-op Lewes road! Looks like they'd spent £100 on food, hope they don't get hit by a bus..
I assume the little dears weren't of school age. After all, if we keep our children out of school we would be fined!! Or once again, is it a case of one rule for them and one for us?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I assume the little dears weren't of school age. After all, if we keep our children out of school we would be fined!! Or once again, is it a case of one rule for them and one for us?
The little shit kept grabbing stuff and running out of the store, like farther like son..

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Last week the bin men refused to take our bin as it was too heavy. My wife offered to take it to the bin lorry for them so then there was a problem with a few loose grass cuttings in the bin.

The travellers turned up down at Clayton rec last year. When they left after a week the council spent 2 days down there with countless skips clearing it all up, picking lots of loose objects up with no apparent problem. They even scraped up the 30 metre stretch of pavement behind the pavilion that had been used as a toilet for the week.

I hope their boat sinks when they go home this year having robbed their way round our county for the last few months.

In my opinion, people should be allowed to call them whatever they want. Comparing the P word to a derogatory term about a ethnic race if people is absolutely mental.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
And they're to blame as well .

Absolutely. I wasn't trying to antagonise before. I guess it depends on the definition of 'not all of them being thieves'.

Those who don't pay tax on their work are thieves. Plenty of the general population do that as well. Not all of them break in to your garage.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Absolutely. I wasn't trying to antagonise before. I guess it depends on the definition of 'not all of them being thieves'.

Those who don't pay tax on their work are thieves. Plenty of the general population do that as well. Not all of them break in to your garage.

No, I was just making a bit of a family in joke , substituting they're 'culpable' with they're to 'blame'as well , shit joke really!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That's a bit of a irony 'PC gone mad stuff' as the removal of the 'derogatory' word from the title thread is a very good example of PC gone mad!' Yeah yeah yeah I get the to 'avoid grief for Bozza' point, but surely the police have better things to do than trawl chat forums looking for examples of 'hate crimes?' 'PC gone mad' to me is probably Bozza having more chance of getting a visit from the police over a 'derogatory' word on here than if his house was broken into.

No, the police aren't going to trawl NSC on the off chance. But let's suppose- entirely hypothetically of course- that somebody who has an issue with the site, perhaps someone who believes they've been slighted by it in the past, or is a pissed off opposition supporter, or who just hates the Albion, or the fans- contacted the police to say this site was promoting certain views or allowing things to be posted that crossed legal boundaries: THEN they would have to check and THEN we would have a problem.

Think of someone like that bloke who lived in Withdean, back in the old days, the one who always protested about the Albion being there (or anywhere). I forget his name. Say someone like him (like him, not actually him!) with a grudge felt like stirring things up. I bet you could search the archives now and find all sorts of stuff that, viewed in the context of a specific complaint, would be troublesome. If they made that complaint official, the police would have no choice but to investigate, and all of a sudden, a few isolated posts are looked upon in a completely different light.

That's all.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
No, the police aren't going to trawl NSC on the off chance. But let's suppose- entirely hypothetically of course- that somebody who has an issue with the site, perhaps someone who believes they've been slighted by it in the past, or is a pissed off opposition supporter, or who just hates the Albion, or the fans- contacted the police to say this site was promoting certain views or allowing things to be posted that crossed legal boundaries: THEN they would have to check and THEN we would have a problem.

Think of someone like that bloke who lived in Withdean, back in the old days, the one who always protested about the Albion being there (or anywhere). I forget his name. Say someone like him (like him, not actually him!) with a grudge felt like stirring things up. I bet you could search the archives now and find all sorts of stuff that, viewed in the context of a specific complaint, would be troublesome. If they made that complaint official, the police would have no choice but to investigate, and all of a sudden, a few isolated posts are looked upon in a completely different light.

That's all.

Fair point. But couldn't the police say 'use of the word 'pikey' on an chat forum really does not constitute a crime and instead we are off to investigate poor mrs brown whose house was broken into last night?

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

That's all.

Our old friend John Catt .

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?164207-Guess-Whos-Back-Back-Again-John-Catt!!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I talk on a regular basis to councillors - of all parties - on a variety of issues, some of which I hear about first on here. I'll go back to them, and get their take on it. Sometimes it's something that is quite worrying; at other times it's having to correct some absolute drivel that the Argus has written. The latter is quite a common theme for all parties.

In private, most talk about city-wide issues quite openly and quite encouragingly. In public, many (though not all) talk out of their arses, which is a pity because you know what they're doing - as a rule - is toeing a party line.

For all the twaddle written and spoken about councillors, what their roles are and how they go about them (and it's evident many on here don't know who is responsible for what), most of them care deeply about the city, and their opinions (in private) do largely co-incide with those of councillors of other parties.

In this instance, no councillors are actively welcoming the travellers, but all of them, frustrated as they are by certain aspects of the law, like and need to be seen to be operating within the rule of law.

Next time your chatting with our elected brethren, could you ask a few of the Greenies what they are gonna do with themselves to kill time sometime in June next year?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here