Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

now i don't normally like to rant or moan, BUT...

barney

Jul 31, 2006
this jenny's chippy i visited tonight, bloody 'ell did it let me down or did it let me down?

i strolled into this establishment with the highest of hopes after rave reviews from chappers (a very highly respected food critic in my eyes) and dazo, among others. the first thing i see is a white boy behind the counter *that's not on, i thought to myself* not an asian in sight.. and not only was he a white boy, but he had acne and looked like he came from croydon.. this upset me, understandably, but i decided to soldier on for the greater good.

i browsed the menu, if you can call it a menu, and by jove it was brief. about ten things on the list at most and to be honest that wasn't the first thing i'd noticed. the prices alongside this shambles of a menu were, to be frank, utterly staggering. i'll give you an example, curry sauce, 1 of your Queen's English.

i thought to myself as i was trying to choose, *chappers et al recommended it, it won't let me down, be brave barney* (by this point, i was finding it hard to keep my two pals calm, who were in a state of panic) i stepped up to the counter and asked for a pie. the chav informed me that they only had a chicken and mushroom pie left, and let's be honest now nsc, i wanted a steak pie. i said ok, make it a savaloy, battered sausage and small chips, with curry sauce. i asked for a water, but to no avail, the only drink on sale was a diet coke. outrageous.

he totted up the bill and i nearly had a stroke. £5.20 for small chips, savaloy, small battered sossie, curry sauce and a can of diet ruddy coke. i was not happy.

my pal was not having any of this and chose to boycott "jenny". we then drove to our local, "fish and chips" on dyke road. he ordered large chips, a cheese burger, battered sos and curry sauce. his meal (substantially greater in quantity) came to £3.90. i was gutted.

as some of you will know, this chippy is opposite the tesco express. not feeling too optimistic by this point i trotted in and bought a pint of milk and a cookie in case it all went pete tong.

we found a suitable eating space and tucked in. my chips were tasty, but limited. my battered sos was chewy and undercooked (don't even start, conboy). my curry sauce was disgusting to the point that i disposed of it after two dips. the coke was tasteless (and from a multipack, so therefore illegal). last but not least, the savaloy. i genuinely would rather suck off a rabid pitbull than go through that trauma again. it was truly, truly awful. the only saving grace was my milk and cookie to see me through afterwards.

i'm sorry nsc, but tonight, you've let me down.

:(

Jimmy Grimble

You should have listenend to me. I am NEVER wrong.

Jimmy Grimble

Incidentally, you didnt happen to see Tim Taylor there did you?

Jimmy Grimble

I sit here happily after this thread barney, its comferting knowing I'm the perfect judge of everything.

However, I am really worried about Tim, he should be home by now.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I long for the days when the only annoying youths we had on here was Kev and 1066, at least Kev was original and 1066 so perverted it was a break from the norm.

This new breed are just dull and trying to impress their peers.Dear oh dear.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Barney, i know this is undisclosed info, but id love to know where you lived, and your age;)

My sausage was alright tonight, and that kiddy served me too.

barney

Jul 31, 2006
I long for the days when the only annoying youths we had on here was Kev and 1066, at least Kev was original and 1066 so perverted it was a break from the norm.

This new breed are just dull and trying to impress their peers.Dear oh dear.

in what way am i trying to impress anyone?

i was giving a food critic on tonight's meal after discussing the possibilities with other posters (who may or may not be youths) earlier on

Jimmy Grimble

"better social life" :laugh:

Jimmy Grimble

Because this thread is an indicator of somones social life :laugh:

barney

Jul 31, 2006
Well they're not talking shit on here at the moment are they? Therefore whatever they're doing HAS to be better than discussing chips. Surely?

if we want to discuss our meals, let it go. i don't see you slating chappers or anyone else when there is a 10 page thread on frozen pizza or bangers and mash.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
this jenny's chippy i visited tonight, bloody 'ell did it let me down or did it let me down?

i strolled into this establishment with the highest of hopes after rave reviews from chappers (a very highly respected food critic in my eyes) and dazo, among others. the first thing i see is a white boy behind the counter *that's not on, i thought to myself* not an asian in sight.. and not only was he a white boy, but he had acne and looked like he came from croydon.. this upset me, understandably, but i decided to soldier on for the greater good.

i browsed the menu, if you can call it a menu, and by jove it was brief. about ten things on the list at most and to be honest that wasn't the first thing i'd noticed. the prices alongside this shambles of a menu were, to be frank, utterly staggering. i'll give you an example, curry sauce, 1 of your Queen's English.

i thought to myself as i was trying to choose, *chappers et al recommended it, it won't let me down, be brave barney* (by this point, i was finding it hard to keep my two pals calm, who were in a state of panic) i stepped up to the counter and asked for a pie. the chav informed me that they only had a chicken and mushroom pie left, and let's be honest now nsc, i wanted a steak pie. i said ok, make it a savaloy, battered sausage and small chips, with curry sauce. i asked for a water, but to no avail, the only drink on sale was a diet coke. outrageous.

he totted up the bill and i nearly had a stroke. £5.20 for small chips, savaloy, small battered sossie, curry sauce and a can of diet ruddy coke. i was not happy.

my pal was not having any of this and chose to boycott "jenny". we then drove to our local, "fish and chips" on dyke road. he ordered large chips, a cheese burger, battered sos and curry sauce. his meal (substantially greater in quantity) came to £3.90. i was gutted.

as some of you will know, this chippy is opposite the tesco express. not feeling too optimistic by this point i trotted in and bought a pint of milk and a cookie in case it all went pete tong.

we found a suitable eating space and tucked in. my chips were tasty, but limited. my battered sos was chewy and undercooked (don't even start, conboy). my curry sauce was disgusting to the point that i disposed of it after two dips. the coke was tasteless (and from a multipack, so therefore illegal). last but not least, the savaloy. i genuinely would rather suck off a rabid pitbull than go through that trauma again. it was truly, truly awful. the only saving grace was my milk and cookie to see me through afterwards.

i'm sorry nsc, but tonight, you've let me down.

:(

POST OF THE DAY BARN'

barney

Jul 31, 2006
why thank you, i just wanted to give an honest account of my meal after we were discussing it earlier. obviously some people do not like this and would probably rather be wanking over man united and man city.

barney

Jul 31, 2006
Probably because I don't see "Chappers or anyone else" starting and hijacking about 12 threads a day to 'write' childish drivel.

childish drivel? because i have wound a few people up today with one thread and a few other comments. behave yourself thomas.

go and have a wank and when your brain is clear again come back and slate the team like you normally do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here