Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now...........have i got this right?

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
:rant::rant:Not only did cheatingf Pompey "Buy" the F.A Cup, and another final trip with players purchased with money that was not theirs they have been given permission to sign 3 players while still in administration..............oh how the Football league and F.A have fallen over backwards to limit the severity of their punishment. Have Bournemouth been treated in a similar way? I may be bias but the rulebook seems to have been rewritten so many times for our near neighbours.:rant::rant:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
and whats happened to the points deduction. :rant:

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
But shirley if they owe MILLIONS of pounds to all and sundrie they should be cutting back and have minimal staff ect not bu:rant:ying players so they can compete on level terms with clubs who have NOT cheated.

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
I've long been puzzled by the attitude of the FA etc to our inbred friends. Seem to remember a lot of reports all pre-season long about points deductions for Luton , Bournemouth , Leeds and Rotherham among others when they were in admin. I'm genuinely at a loss as to why minus 17 hasn't already been inked in to the first Championship table of the season for Shitesmouth.

It's entirely possible of course that there is a rational explanation and my bitter hatred for the six fingered cheating purveyors of incest and substance abuse is clouding my judgement.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I've long been puzzled by the attitude of the FA etc to our inbred friends. Seem to remember a lot of reports all pre-season long about points deductions for Luton , Bournemouth , Leeds and Rotherham among others when they were in admin. I'm genuinely at a loss as to why minus 17 hasn't already been inked in to the first Championship table of the season for Shitesmouth.

It's entirely possible of course that there is a rational explanation and my bitter hatred for the six fingered cheating purveyors of incest and substance abuse is clouding my judgement.

Seems a perfectly balanced sensible opinion to me.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Isnt this relaxation of the rules something to do with HMRC putting in an appeal against the Co IVA they are in.

Think they should have been wound up myself if only to set a precendent for all clubs.

It is the rules of the Premier League and FA that are wrong and weak but they need the club Chairmens vote to change them and that wont happen, as a case of ' there but for the grace of God etc'

It needs the courts to act outside of the football authoritys to sort this all out.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Why should a team HAVE to have a squad of 20 players anyway? And surely they have yoof teamers they can use?

I seem to remember in the 97/98 season the only reason we stayed up was because Doncaster had to field youth players. So, yes, there's no reason why pompy shouldn't use their youth team other than they'll whine that it's not fair.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here