Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] November Broadcast Dates?

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I hear ya, but "write off travel and accomodation costs"? Surely no-one books until the TV schedule is announced?!

given that the cost of train especially is so much cheaper in advance, and often hotel costs to, then it is a factor-the earlier you book, the cheaper it is. I am sure on here plenty have said in the past when there has been delays in the announcement that they have been unable to cancel or change bookings.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I hear ya, but "write off travel and accomodation costs"? Surely no-one books until the TV schedule is announced?!

In fairness I agree with Nick - especially if you’re travelling from distance the closer to match date the higher the price. I appreciate for any armchair fans though the fact that we’re on TV again is great

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I wonder if that confirms West Ham for Tuesday 30th November? I have a feeling that week is Amazon's week so I guess anything is possible.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
given that the cost of train especially is so much cheaper in advance, and often hotel costs to, then it is a factor-the earlier you book, the cheaper it is. I am sure on here plenty have said in the past when there has been delays in the announcement that they have been unable to cancel or change bookings.

Yes yes, but the point is, if you book a non-refundable ticket/hotel before the fixture is confirmed, you're taking a gamble.

The system, for all its faults, is well established, so nobody should be 'surprised' by changes a month or two before the game.

Worse in Spain, of course, where the KO times are (or were?) confirmed a week in advance (catching out many on stag dos).

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
Yes yes, but the point is, if you book a non-refundable ticket/hotel before the fixture is confirmed, you're taking a gamble.

The system, for all its faults, is well established, so nobody should be 'surprised' by changes a month or two before the game.

Worse in Spain, of course, where the KO times are (or were?) confirmed a week in advance (catching out many on stag dos).

Yes, the system is well established. It is just such a pity that no one tries to amend the system to recognise fan issues. Four 5.30 kick offs in a row is absolute pants. A nightmare for away fans and home fans who travel far to their home venue.

It will never happen but what if the Premier League issued their fixture list, with a selection of games at different times and days of the week, and said to the TV companies that the fixtures were set and they should bid based on that. Even if the TV companies bid a Billion quid less on this basis, all that would mean is that player salaries and transfer prices would come down a little. Not a bad thing......

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
I wonder if that confirms West Ham for Tuesday 30th November? I have a feeling that week is Amazon's week so I guess anything is possible.

I have been watching this one closely so that I can book my train back up north. I expected it to be moved to the following Wednesday as West Ham are now playing Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
The town will be a bit lively when our friends from the worlds most importantest ever superclub come to town for a Saturday late ko - bunch of rats, especially the southern ones

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I suppose 5.30 on a Saturday is better than 8.00 on a weekday, the tv companies must enjoy a trip to Brighton.
At least any Albion fans that go to away games can look forward to three Saturday 3pm games in a row after Palace.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Our next 3.00pm home game is now December against Spurs and that's depending on Sky/BT not changing it

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

Think Spuds are in Europe on the Thursday, so unless a home cup draw against an unglamorous team could be Burnley in February as CPFC will no doubt be on TV

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here