[Albion] NOT the 25 Man Squad - Loans, transfers and rumours

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Khadra gone to Sheffield United - season long loan.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2690610/reda-khadra-joins-sheffield-united-on-loan/

Wonder what the deal is on this one? Apparantly the sticking point was that we wanted a sale, they wanted a loan. Suggestions it would be a loan with an obligation to buy - but only if the Blades got promoted. Couldn't see what was in it fr us with that - if they missed out on promotion, Khadra would just walk away for free........

If it's a loan only - as the Albion website seems to suggest - he can still presumably walk away for free next year, unless he's signed a new deal. I wonder what we'll eventually get to find out here. Whichever way it goes, losing him for nothing in 12 months time wouldn't be good news.

We not completely incompetent and there is no chance that we will lose him for nothing in 12 months time.

We will actually know his contract status and will be protected - whether that is within this loan deal with an obligation to buy, or with a club option on his contract of a further year - we are not amateurs who will only realise he is out of contract next June.

Lol.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We not completely incompetent and there is no chance that we will lose him for nothing in 12 months time.

We will actually know his contract status and will be protected - whether that is within this loan deal with an obligation to buy, or with a club option on his contract of a further year - we are not amateurs who will only realise he is out of contract next June.

Lol.
True, we are not incompetant - but I still wonder what the deal is! And it would it would still be bad news if he did get to leave for nowt!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Another one out of the door (for a season on loan). Teddy Jenks to League 2 Crawley Town - hope this goes better for him than his difficult time at Aberdeen. TBH, thought we might have aimed a bit higher than League 2 for him - but fair enough, it's not my opinion that matters!

Good luck Teddy Jenks - knock 'em dead.

Last edited:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Another one out of the door (for a season on loan). Teddy Jenks to League 2 Crawley Town - hope this goes better for him than his difficult time at Aberdeen. TBH, thought we might have aimed a bit higher than League 2 for him - but fair enough, it's not my oinion that matters!

Potentially excellent young coach at Creepy in the form of Kevin Betsy. Must’ve been a consideration.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Another one out of the door (for a season on loan). Teddy Jenks to League 2 Crawley Town - hope this goes better for him than his difficult time at Aberdeen. TBH, thought we might have aimed a bit higher than League 2 for him - but fair enough, it's not my oinion that matters!

You said it yourself, perhaps the problems he encountered whilst up at Aberdeen last season put a few better places suitors off, so League 2 it will have to be.

I think the Crawley loan could work out really well for both player and club, as GG and his team will be able to keep a much better eye on what is going on, and watch him in a fair few games too.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You said it yourself, perhaps the problems he encountered whilst up at Aberdeen last season put a few better places suitors off, so League 2 it will have to be.
I'm not sure I did! You may have a point about putting better teams off. I'd still have thought League 1 though.

I think the Crawley loan could work out really well for both player and club, as GG and his team will be able to keep a much better eye on what is going on, and watch him in a fair few games too.
I really don't think the distance to be travelled has much effect on the amount of care and observations GG and his team give to our players out on loan.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I'm sure Jason would love to play some football, but he's earning Premier League wages and doing a very specific role as part of the goalkeeper squad which includes other keepers, coaches and obviously his trusted role as bench warmer ready to play Premier League football at a moment's notice. Not an easy gig I'd say. Part of that role is a bit of match practice in the Cups. If we sold Sanchez I don't think Steele would step in because he already has a well paid job of his own for which he is valued. He might just be very happy with that.

It's a gig I'd like very much. Effectively he's a phenomenally well paid training cone!

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Well that alone is probably the biggest problem of all wouldn't you say? :smile:

Well, no. He played 18 games in the League, scored twice. 24 games in total - that's fine for a 19 year old lad in his first taste of professional football. I think League 2 is probably a little low for him at this point but it's not a disaster - if Crawley play as we're expecting them to this season under the former Arsenal coach then it could prove a great move for him.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Rumour :

Karbownik to Fortuna Dusseldorf ( loan ) ? ???

[Tweet]1553780170686881792[/Tweet]

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Rumour :

Karbownik to Fortuna Dusseldorf ( loan ) ? ???

Good spot. Apologies for the Google translate deficiencies -

"Central midfielder Michał Karbownik will play in the 2nd Bundesliga. Karbownik will join the ranks of Fortuna Düsseldorf. The player will transfer from Brighton in England on an annual loan basis, "FootballScout wrote on Twitter.
Thus, Karbownik is unlikely to go to Lechia Gdańsk, which also wanted to rent it from Brighton & Hove Albion. According to Sebastian Staszewski from Interia.pl, Debreczyn, Legia Warszawa and Schalke 04 were among the clubs considering its acquisition. In each case it was about a loan.
The key factor in choosing a new team by Karbownik was the position in which a given club perceives it. The 21-year-old, who can also play in the right-back, is expected to play in the center".

.............................. and didn't we think we''d signed a left back?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well, no. He played 18 games in the League, scored twice. 24 games in total - that's fine for a 19 year old lad in his first taste of professional football. I think League 2 is probably a little low for him at this point but it's not a disaster - if Crawley play as we're expecting them to this season under the former Arsenal coach then it could prove a great move for him.

Well yes, actually. Many of those games were off the bench, and he never had a real run of games in a regular position (and once the new manager came in, he was toast). Also, this quote from a Sheffield United fan (not about Jenks, but about loanees in general) is very perceptive:

"How to tell a player is on loan to Sheffield United and not actually ours...they move around into space and not stand still frozen like a statue waiting for a pass".

In a poor Aberdeen side, Jenks was very much that player - he was also the one making passes that he would have expected any decent PL2 player to be spotting and moving on to.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
From the Guardian...
...Brighton, whose hunt for a new left-back has seen them fail with moves for Tottenham’s Sergio Reguilón and Porto’s Zaidu Sanusi

Hasn’t heard we’d made an enquiry or offer for either...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
How we doing with just under a month to go ?

I reckon up to 17 more players ( + more youth ) leave on loan / sale.

Cucurella ( urrrgh ), only a "maybe".
Østigård
Rushworth
Karbownik
Clarke
Duffy
Connolly
Andone
Zeqiri
Richards
Roberts
Sima
Ferguson
Offiah
Jenks
Kozlowski
Khadra

Not heard any rumours of the remaining 6, except Clarke.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Duffy to Fulham ? ? ?

[Tweet]1555456370450874370[/Tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports