Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not sure about everyone else...

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Three decisions went against us, I agree but you cannot categorically state that we would have won all three games if they hadn't.

It's A Knockout defending would have prevailed anyway. This sort of thing only gets worse - I confidently, slightly happily predict we will be embroiled in five and seven-goal games all over the place soon, most of which we might lose. Garcia doesn't think defending is the problem. You wonder if there is, say, an Argentine, ex-Premier League fullback to make sure we tighten the screws, gaze towards the dugout and see a former Charlton Youth Team coach who spent almost his entire career in the bottom two divisions (no disrespect, he's doubtless talented, ours and he's about to contribute to a fun season and will probably never once mention money).

D

Deleted member 18477

D'urso has ALWAYS been awful. He's probably the worst referee around.

I might try and become a ref! Seems an easy job as you can literally perform to the standards you want to perform at rather than someone dictating the standards!

Anyone know what the pays like?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Andy D'urso is a 1st class c*nt, always has been always will be.I've lost count of the number of games I,ve seen him ruin. The football league need to take him aside and remind him people go to football to be entertained, not watch an incompetent t**t like him reduce the game to a series of unnecessary freekicks,bookings and god awful decisions.

Two points before I add my two penn'orth.

1) I wouldn't want to be a ref for all the tea in China.

2) We did a good enough job of losing today's game all by ourselves, with or without assistance from a schite ref.

But the above is pretty much spot on for me - the standard of referring we see week in week out is, by and large, shocking. Today's display was a typical example of the worst kind going - breaking the flow of the game constantly for no good reason. It's a shame that good refs that let the game flow and make common sense decisions without the need to keep disrupting play are so few and far between. Today's excuse for a ref played right into Derby's hands for most of the second half, and then I'm sure he didn't play the full 5 mins added on time either. Useless display from the man in the middle......yet again! :nono:

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
D'urso has ALWAYS been awful. He's probably the worst referee around.

I might try and become a ref! Seems an easy job as you can literally perform to the standards you want to perform at rather than someone dictating the standards!

Anyone know what the pays like?

Premier League elite refs get £70 grand plus expenses.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It was the inconsistency that annoyed me. We had 2 players throw the ball away but only a couple of yards at a free kick and he booked one of them. But the Derby player that kicked the ball away about twenty yards wasn't even spoken to.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
70 grand and no job standards? Fuk me!!!

Of course there are fitness tests and regular assessments - from grassroots level and up - but more often then not referees close ranks in the aftermath of controversies. Which is understandable I suppose, they are only human, but that's obviously of little comfort if teams feel they've been hard done-by.

D

Deleted member 18477

Of course there are fitness tests and regular assessments - from grassroots level and up - but more often then not referees close ranks in the aftermath of controversies. Which is understandable I suppose, they are only human, but that's obviously of little comfort if teams feel they've been hard done-by.

Andy D'urso needs to be sacked.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
It was the inconsistency that annoyed me. We had 2 players throw the ball away but only a couple of yards at a free kick and he booked one of them. But the Derby player that kicked the ball away about twenty yards wasn't even spoken to.

Please stop it, agreeing with you twice in the same week is bad enough but twice in an hour just won't do!

Andy "consistently inconsistent" D'Urso did what he does best today, **** all

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
...but I'm f*cking sick of the referees in this league. Andy f*cking D'Urso, Jesus Christ how did he miss the handball? Premier league my arse, the bloke volleyball spiked it clear ffs. Then Agustien has two of them kicking the sh!t out of him and tearing the shirt off his back while he lies on the ground and gives a freekick to them? And when is a ref gonna book a keeper for taking three minutes to take a goal kick, rather than half heartedly waving for him to hurry up? It's getting so tedious, game after game, season after season, they're utterly clueless. If we got beat 2-1 today by a very average Derby side who did a job on us, but the officials got everything right, I'd have less reason to feel so robbed because we'd have somehow messed it up for ourselves. I'm just getting very bored of walking away from games where refs have got decision after decision wrong, and next week they're giggling away on Sky Sports chumming along with Frank Lampard and Wayne fecking Rooney. Christ. Rant over.

Agree with allof this, i just hope that weve had the worst two refs of the season already !

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Andy D'urso is a 1st class c*nt, always has been always will be.I've lost count of the number of games I,ve seen him ruin. The football league need to take him aside and remind him people go to football to be entertained, not watch an incompetent t**t like him reduce the game to a series of unnecessary freekicks,bookings and god awful decisions.

Neatly put.

Having said that, we were poor today, and can't blame the defeat on the referee.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He has ruined every game I've ever seen him referee including the ones we've won. He is equally bad for both teams but just doesn't have a clue at all. the hardest job in the ground has to be the 4th official's having to explain the decisions to the managers etc.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
The handball aside, I didn't think today's referee did badly. Our players seemed to be diving constantly and he managed to see through that a fair bit of the time.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The handball aside, I didn't think today's referee did badly. Our players seemed to be diving constantly and he managed to see through that a fair bit of the time.

The yellow card tally alone should tell you how hopeless he was. Barely a bad tackle in the game.

What really gets me though is referees who fail to clamp down on time-wasting. Most will get serious about it in the last 10 minutes (although the D'Urso muppet didn't even manage that). But, in reality, the away team usually starts running the clock down from the off.

Albion do it too, of course, but the upshot is that as fans we're being short changed.

Scrap the refs' timing. 2x35 minute halves is the way forward with the clock only running when the ball is in play.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD

Didn't do badly? If there was a ref like that at every game the league would run out of players by Christmas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here