Not if but Who

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So Who Would You Chose in Tony Blooms Shoes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Another manager thread..... Brighton would be one of the most unattractive jobs at the moment

Don't get that at all. What with a new stadium being built, a rich chairman, some decent players, some money for new players, geographically located in one of the best places in the UK, huge catchment area and potential. Yes we are 19th in League One but the Brighton job remains an attractive post and will only go on to become even more so when Falmer is finished.

Coppell's the man to take us to Falmer.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Don't get that at all. What with a new stadium being built, a rich chairman, some decent players, some money for new players, geographically located in one of the best places in the UK, huge catchment area and potential. Yes we are 19th in League One but the Brighton job remains an attractive post and will only go on to become even more so when Falmer is finished.

Coppell's the man to take us to Falmer.

The rate Brighton are going through mangers means that there will be at least 2 managers before Falmer.

You have to give managers time, something that Withdean goers seem not to be able to understand.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Southgate. Sussex lad who we should have signed as a player.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Paul Tisdale! Would like curbishley or southgate, but do not think they'd come near this club at the moment! As for coppel, would love him back, but never go back?!? Then again, thats not always the case!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Has to be Curbs, bring some Brighton back into the side.

seagullsoverlincoln

Jul 14, 2009
Peter Taylor didnt do nothing wrong at all, he just followed on from what Adams left, and with the spine of the team in place, Cullip, Chippy, Zamora he steered the ship home...Im not gunna slag the bloke off but lets face it, his record isnt really all that, and his football is very average at best....Coppell or Wise please.

I completely agree, a guy who guided Adams side past the post,then left
because we were'nt grand enough for him. His club managerial record is not
that great.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
God some of you lot make me laugh - and not in a good way. Why on EARTH would any of the people mentioned on this thread want to be the next Brighton manager? And DON'T say 'Falmer' or 'massive potential'. Adams was supposed to be the man to lead us to Falmer. Then Slade. Given our track record do you really think the next manager is going to be in charge come next Christmas let alone when Falmer opens? No decent manager will (currently) touch us with a bargepole and sacking Slade after less than half a season isn't going to help our reputation.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I completely agree with Brovion.

I would choose Curbishley but also think he would be mad to take it.

Surely with his record he can do much better than BHA? Same applies to Coppell.

'Potential' is a much-overused word and it guarantees absolutely nothing. It would be an enormous gamble for either of these two with much to lose if they fail.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
For all those who say we won't get a quality new manager because we are a league 1 team.............this is football we,re talking about. If the salary is good enough, we,ll have a very good choice. Money won't always buy success.........but it certainly helps...!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Mike Bamber persuaded the biggest name in the UK it not Europe to join BHAFC when they were near the bottom of division 3 with 5000 gates in 1973 and had just delivered the premier league title for Derby with a vision for the future and a bit of money.

If Bamber can do that I am quite sure Bloom can get Curbishley.

The mindset of the fans on NSC I find remarkable and very frustrating with comments like " he can do much better than BHAFC ". We appear to have become a bunch of losers, making excuse after excuse for every defeat, being happy with a league finish this season in the dizzy heights of mid table/lower mid table.

COME ON. What the f*** is the point of building Falmer with this attitude. We should be a top half championship side in 3-5 years and challenging for a premiership place after 5 years.

We had 4 seasons in the top flight and an fa cup final.

Lets RAISE the bar and RAISE the expectations of this club.

I say

" Why on Earth would Curbishley NOT come to BHAFC ".

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Well said and Bamber didn't stop after Cloughie/Clough and Taylor. Mullery was a huge name when he came - Mexico '70 was just 6 years prior to his arrival. Enter Foster, Lawrenson, Horton, Gregory, Robinson, Ritchie, Thomas, Smith and a bunch of others not to mention one Peter Ward left over from the Taylor era.

BHA have a good pedigree in managers. Why stop now, third division as we may be?

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Russel Slade

but if we really have to get someone else in Avram Grant from Pompey

andywhing4england

Jan 19, 2009
I think all of those names would reject us so no chance there. And would you really want McAlister??can you see Curbishley dropping to relegation zone in league 1 with an athletics stadium??Slade is the man for the job but if things get worse i dont know

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Well said and Bamber didn't stop after Cloughie/Clough and Taylor. Mullery was a huge name when he came - Mexico '70 was just 6 years prior to his arrival. Enter Foster, Lawrenson, Horton, Gregory, Robinson, Ritchie, Thomas, Smith and a bunch of others not to mention one Peter Ward left over from the Taylor era.

BHA have a good pedigree in managers. Why stop now, third division as we may be?
Clough didn't stay, and it was Mullery's first managerial appointment! Yes he was a famous player but it was a terrific gamble and could have gone the way of Tony Adams or John Barnes; I suppose a current equivalent would be if we got someone like Sol Campbell. And the other names you mention were players not managers who came in on the back of the successful punt on Mullery.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports