Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwood...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Agree 100% regarding formation and when we are on top but we can't afford to take those kind of luxuries.... Hughton will not change from his tried and tested formation.

I'll be honest here. I love Hughton & what he's done for our club is unbelievable but today I think he made a big error. Brentford looked decent going forward but clueless at the back. Having a CM that can't tackle and a winger that can't beat anyone was the opposite of what was needed. As soon as March & Akpom came on you could see us grow in confidence & they only looked threatening on the break. We gave them a 2 goal head start today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Interesting how the game changed with the substitutions, a change of formation back to a 4-4-2 had us stretching them. Norwood looked great whilst we were applying pressure, he picked up plenty of clearances by Brentford and allowed us to maintain the moves.

He has seemed to have struggled recently since Baldock hasn't been in the side stretching defences. Another reason I'd like to have seen Akpom in from the start

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Thought he did OKish today. Cannot understand still why he was getting a lot of verbal today whilst AK was getting significantly less for significantly less input,

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Not in a 4-4-2 when you're 2 down. The earlier point about needing 3CMs to play him is a good shout but he's decent in a 4-4-2 when we're dominating. Awful today but nowhere near as bad as Skalak

Thought Skalak was ok today , decent from set pieces and good defensive work and combatitive. murphy missed two sitters...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Thought Skalak was ok today , decent from set pieces and good defensive work and combatitive. murphy missed two sitters...

Good defensive work?? The first goal came totally from his area.

Not fast enough, not creative enough and totally surplus to requirements when you go 1 down.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I thought both he and Sidwell stepped up in the second half today and made a big contribution to us turning the game back in our favour. I'd generally agree that he is better in games where we are on top rather than being a battler but that said opinions tend to be a little exaggerated, he's pretty good at holding a good position defensively and he gets in his fair share of interceptions and little tackles nipping at someone heels. He's a good 3rd/4th choice option.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Norwood the new scapegoat then? He was no worse than anyone else today.

Agreed. Quite why a team who are second in the table need a scapegoat is beyond me but some 'supporters' on here aren't happy if they can't slag one of our players off. Seems to have been forgotten that it was Norwood's assist that helped us break the deadlock against Cardiff, a game we could easily have drawn.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Agreed. Quite why a team who are second in the table need a scapegoat is beyond me but some 'supporters' on here aren't happy if they can't slag one of our players off. Seems to have been forgotten that it was Norwood's assist that helped us break the deadlock against Cardiff, a game we could easily have drawn.

You keep banging on about that 'assist' but it was hardly on a plate was it? Hemed did all the work for that goal so stop over egging what Poorwood actually did.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
You keep banging on about that 'assist' but it was hardly on a plate was it? Hemed did all the work for that goal so stop over egging what Poorwood actually did.

Hardly banging on. I've mentioned it a couple of times on this thread when you slated one of our players. Hemed did a lot of work for the goal but it was Norwood's assist and a good ball into him

Basically, I don't think slagging off individual players is particularly helpful to our team. You obviously like slagging off our players, personally I don't. I won't say that makes me a better fan but it definitely doesn't make me a worst fan.

Calling him 'Poorwood' is so pathetic. Get a life.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
lets face it......the whole team really needed a kick up the arse and most of us might have thought that a 2-0 down today the hudds defeat and performance had done nothing to induce a better performance.......the fact that we have come back and grabbed a point gives us some credit but if we want to get promoted we need to collectively lift as a team ......a few , supposedly easier games coming up for us to get going again...hopefully.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Hardly banging on. I've mentioned it a couple of times on this thread when you slated one of our players. Hemed did a lot of work for the goal but it was Norwood's assist and a good ball into him

Basically, I don't think slagging off individual players is particularly helpful to our team. You obviously like slagging off our players, personally I don't. I won't say that makes me a better fan but it definitely doesn't make me a worst fan.

Calling him 'Poorwood' is so pathetic. Get a life.

You're obviously the worlds best fan then, congratulations - seems like you were quite desperate for that crown.

And what's more pathetic is coming onto a thread with criticism of an underperforming player and doing your I'm the best fan because I don't critise players act.

Get off your high horse

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
You're obviously the worlds best fan then, congratulations - seems like you were quite desperate for that crown.

And what's more pathetic is coming onto a thread with criticism of an underperforming player and doing your I'm the best fan because I don't critise players act.

Get off your high horse

It clearly wasn't saying I was the best fan. More saying you are not a fan if you come up with pathetic names like Poorwood.

As for criticism, I do criticise players but it is constructive and does not scapegoat them, unlike this thread

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010

Get off your high horse

Chinman how ever poor you think an albion players is, is it really needed to make up a childish nickname like "Poorwood" . Its actually funny how pathetic that is.

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Problem is, he will work perfectly against Burton and Ispwich at home when they sit every man behind the ball as he can spray passes for fun. He will then start against Reading and Newcastle where his lack of any defensive skill will be shown.

I'm all for not slating players blah blah. But he's keeping Kayal out of the team that's twice the player Norwood is. He may not be hitting form yet, but he will only get back to last seasons best if we get him playing regularly, the same with March.

I'd rather persist with Kayal and March than Norwood and Murphy/Skalak as I know for a fact the former are much better players at their peak.

I still believe Norwood can be useful in games like the next two at home, however much I think he was useless today and at Huddersfield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here