Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwood & Sidwell

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
We are hardly smashing the back of the oppositions net on a regular basis with Kayal and Stephens in midfield either though are we...

As for being average lower end Championship players...thats your opinion, certainly not mine, they are a lot better than you give them credit for.

I had the misfortune of watching the home cup game against Reading last week when both started and it was terrible. Absolutely no chances created through them, wasteful and negative against 10 man Reading. Thankfully that is the only time they have started together this season, but whenever one of them is on in place of Stephens or Kayal it is a significant downgrade.

If both Kayal and Stephens got injured for a significant period IMO it would be the end of our promotion campaign this season.

And i'm not just being negative - all other players are playing fantastically at the moment and things a looking great. Just not a fan of these two.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I had the misfortune of watching the home cup game against Reading last week when both started and it was terrible. Absolutely no chances created through them, wasteful and negative against 10 man Reading. Thankfully that is the only time they have started together this season, but whenever one of them is on in place of Stephens or Kayal it is a significant downgrade.

If both Kayal and Stephens got injured for a significant period IMO it would be the end of our promotion campaign this season.

And i'm not just being negative - all other players are playing fantastically at the moment and things a looking great. Just not a fan of these two.

The Reading game was poor... I was there, however had we not been playing a 4-3-3 formation and had the likes of Skalak/Murphy and Knockaert wide rather than Manu, Baldock and Murray in a front 3, I think it would have shown them in a much better light.

Getting the ball to those wide players is what we do in central areas.

Seriously we cannot be moaning about having the likes of Norwood and Sidwell as 3rd and 4th choice centre midielders......

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Are Norwood and Sidwell better than Ince, Crofts and Holla? Yes, very much so. We have improved our squad from last season presumably without spending too much extra, but for some on here unless we have options like Man City or Barcelona we are shit...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Are Norwood and Sidwell better than Ince, Crofts and Holla? Yes, very much so. We have improved our squad from last season presumably without spending too much extra, but for some on here unless we have options like Man City or Barcelona we are shit...
Yes, very true. Still worried about having to go to our bogey ground of Hillsborough with these two in CM, though.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Said it before, and I'll say it again. I'm yet to see a better 3rd/4th choice midfielder partnering in the devision!

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Norwood was joint MOM with Dunk IMO today. Apart from header off line he was immense defensively and more involved than I've seen him before. Sidwell missed a few challenges but seemed to grow more confident as game wore on. I would play ON ahead of DS on today's performance.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I expect a few people to be eating humble pie this evening

I am - and it tastes absolutely ****ing amazing I tell you ;)

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I expect a few people to be eating humble pie this evening

My Mrs did a cracking steak and merlot pie - does that count? And I must say that should have had as you suggest, as I was fully expecting a defeat, to the extent that I did not turn on Radio Sussex until 30 minutes after kick-off, so convinced was I that the commentary would depress me. More than happy to acknowledge the error of my ways. Brilliant win and I wish them all good break for a few days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here