Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich lining up Bridcutt if we don't go up (just a rumour)

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Being a feeder club for proxy Norwich is pretty low rent.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Norwich are 4 points off 9th, 6 points off the bottom three. They're above bigger clubs like Newcastle, Sunderland and Villa. And with regard to the Villa - managed by ex-boss Paul Lambert, they've also conceded 10 goals less.

Hughton's had a winning record at Spurs, Birmingham and Newcastle. And, until recently, a decent record at Norwich. But he's been there less than a year so hasn't really built his own squad. I fel a bit sorry for him in that he's not 'a name' so gets short shrift. Sacked from Newcastle when they were 12th, now they're 17th. Hmmm...

You conveniently ignore the fact with Newcastle that they had a superb season last season though. I take your point with Villa but I'd much rather be watching their football than the dire tripe being served up at Norwich.

Fair play though, we'll see what happens next season I guess

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Norwich are 4 points off 9th, 6 points off the bottom three. They're above bigger clubs like Newcastle, Sunderland and Villa. And with regard to the Villa - managed by ex-boss Paul Lambert, they've also conceded 10 goals less.

Hughton's had a winning record at Spurs, Birmingham and Newcastle. And, until recently, a decent record at Norwich. But he's been there less than a year so hasn't really built his own squad. I fel a bit sorry for him in that he's not 'a name' so gets short shrift. Sacked from Newcastle when they were 12th, now they're 17th. Hmmm...

The same Norwich fan who told me about the Bridcutt rumour said it has been hard watching a team that had played such great football for three seasons turned into a bunch of hoofers this season.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
If we don't go up I can see a fair few clubs having a look through our squad, realistically with Bridcutt being the most sought after (because he's just that damn good).

Jimmy Grimble

They're in a bit of an Arthur Waite at the moment.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You conveniently ignore the fact with Newcastle that they had a superb season last season though. I take your point with Villa but I'd much rather be watching their football than the dire tripe being served up at Norwich.

Fair play though, we'll see what happens next season I guess

I'm not ignoring the fact Newcastle had a good season, the point is that having been relegated in recent times (and then spectacularly promoted - under Hughton) Mike Ashley will be having kittens at the moment should they go down. Newcastle should not be in this position, but it's the curse of the Europa League.

Norwich's football isn't the best, but then Hughton didn't bring half the players to the club. He needs more time to build his own side and then be judged on that.

Feb 3, 2013
All the other play-off teams are in the same boat though.

No they're not. A premiership teams were after a few championship players last season, Cardiff, Blackpool etc and they refused the clubs permission to talk to any of their players and the only one of note that was sold was Rhodes to Blackburn for £7 million which is fine.

Problem with Gus is that he said that if any teams come in for any of our players he'll let the player speak with the club whereas the other clubs say no. Gus allows that option as if any prem team come calling for him then the club will let him speak like they did with Reading.

If we don't go up then expect 4 or 5 of our players to be poached.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The same Norwich fan who told me about the Bridcutt rumour said it has been hard watching a team that had played such great football for three seasons turned into a bunch of hoofers this season.

This team that played great football: is it the same one that played Grant Holt up front?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This team that played great football: is it the same one that played Grant Holt up front?

Well Ricky Lambert plays for Southampton who also play good football, so not sure that's relevant

I don't watch Norwich, I'm just passing on the opinion of someone who watches them week in week out.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Unless a rumour has been posted about from the Transfer Rumours site by BG it's not worth the pixels it's displayed with.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
If we dont go up Liam will be on his way. The good news is lots of clubs will want him. 8 mill I reckon.

Indeed. LB will be playing in the PL next year regardless of whether we are or not. We wouldn't get 8 mil for him though. Reckon we'd accept about 5.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here