Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich - huge crowd

How do we know we won't need them? Both games are close to selling out.

3,000 or so away fans could give their team a massive boost, I would rather not have the money at the expense of a win.

Stick them in the corner, less vocal backing, which is better for us. Also, I think we could've sold out S1F. No way of being able to tell though.

I hope we won't end up giving bigger allocations than necessary in the PL. 28,000 home fans for every PL game seems possible.

:rolleyes:I hope we won't end up giving bigger allocations than necessary in the PL. 28,000 home fans for every PL game seems possible. Arrogance???

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
:rolleyes:I hope we won't end up giving bigger allocations than necessary in the PL. 28,000 home fans for every PL game seems possible. Arrogance???

How is that arrogance? We got 27,031 "home" fans for the game against Preston...in the second tier. I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest we could get an extra thousand in the PL.

Don't most clubs attendances go up by around 10,000 when they go up to the PL? *cough* Palace *cough*

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Don't you have to offer 10% to the away club in league fixtures ?
Most premier league clubs would take that allocation I would imagine

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
How is that arrogance? We got 27,031 "home" fans for the game against Preston...in the second tier. I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest we could get an extra thousand in the PL.

Don't most clubs attendances go up by around 10,000 when they go up to the PL? *cough* Palace *cough*

I think he meant you are being rather presumptuous about the Albion being in the premier league.... he has a point. It reads a bit like one of the posts on the Norwich forum...

How do we know we won't need them? Both games are close to selling out.

3,000 or so away fans could give their team a massive boost, I would rather not have the money at the expense of a win.

Stick them in the corner, less vocal backing, which is better for us. Also, I think we could've sold out S1F. No way of being able to tell though.

I hope we won't end up giving bigger allocations than necessary in the PL. 28,000 home fans for every PL game seems possible.

The club know with 5 and half years of experience.

Against Norwich we have not sold out yet and although I think we will, I might be wrong. If we do it will be late on.

Against Villa we will have 500 less to sell, but I don't think the school shelf is used for evening games.

Also being in the evening and on the telly, demand will be lower.

In the premiership the away allocation is the lower of 10% of 3000, so we will need to give 3000 every week, should we get promoted and it be required.

In the championship it's the lower of 10% or 2000, so our minimum obligation currently is 2000.

Although I agree we might have sold some seats in S1F for Villa, the amount sold here would easily be accommodated in other areas of the ground. Personally, I think the club have got the allocations spot on.

They have maximized revenue, will contribute to a great atmosphere and every home fan who wants a ticket will get one, even if that might mean they will have to decide they want one 24 hours before the game

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I think he meant you are being rather presumptuous about the Albion being in the premier league.... he has a point. It reads a bit like one of the posts on the Norwich forum...

Oh come off it. You really think we wouldn't get 28,000 fans in the PL?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

They could go up as much as 20%+:D
I'd have no doubts we could get 35k home fans in the prem or even more:wink:

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
The club know with 5 and half years of experience.

Against Norwich we have not sold out yet and although I think we will, I might be wrong. If we do it will be late on.

Against Villa we will have 500 less to sell, but I don't think the school shelf is used for evening games.

Also being in the evening and on the telly, demand will be lower.

In the premiership the away allocation is the lower of 10% of 3000, so we will need to give 3000 every week, should we get promoted and it be required.

In the championship it's the lower of 10% or 2000, so our minimum obligation currently is 2000.

Although I agree we might have sold some seats in S1F for Villa, the amount sold here would easily be accommodated in other areas of the ground. Personally, I think the club have got the allocations spot on.

They have maximized revenue, will contribute to a great atmosphere and every home fan who wants a ticket will get one, even if that might mean they will have to decide they want one 24 hours before the game

It's just a bit sad that Albion fans will miss out because the club have given a large amount of tickets to away fans. If we don't sell out, then I was wrong.

As for the PL. Interesting that we may have less home fans in the ground than what we will have on Saturday. No doubt they will always be right behind the goal, giving the away team an advantage. It was much better when they were put in the East Stand.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I'm sure you're right, no worries. I admire your confidence on likelihood of promotion :smile:

Yes, but I didn't say it would be this season though!

Well anyway, we would only need about 27,000 fans to fill The Amex in the PL. Where are they all going to come from...? :moo:

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
They could go up as much as 20%+:D
I'd have no doubts we could get 35k home fans in the prem or even more:wink:

Well, for the really big games maybe. But doubt those extra fans would stick around if the going gets tough and we've got Hull at home on a Monday night.

Seems some people on here think I'm arrogant because I posed a hypothetical question about us reaching the PL. God forbid that will ever happen.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well, for the really big games maybe. But doubt those extra fans would stick around if the going gets tough and we've got Hull at home on a Monday night.

Seems some people on here think I'm arrogant because I posed a hypothetical question about us reaching the PL. God forbid that will ever happen.

Hull won't be in the PL......

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
It's just a bit sad that Albion fans will miss out because the club have given a large amount of tickets to away fans. If we don't sell out, then I was wrong.

As for the PL. Interesting that we may have less home fans in the ground than what we will have on Saturday. No doubt they will always be right behind the goal, giving the away team an advantage. It was much better when they were put in the East Stand.

Couldn't disagree more atmosphere in grounds is always better when opposition fans get a goal end. Crowd feed off each other. That doesn't happen at so many grounds, Newcastle being a prime example.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Couldn't disagree more atmosphere in grounds is always better when opposition fans get a goal end. Crowd feed off each other. That doesn't happen at so many grounds, Newcastle being a prime example.

I can barely hear the away fans when I'm in the North, and I'm sure they can barely hear us.

I saw an article earlier where Eddie Howe said how he really doesn't want away fans at "The Goldsands" to be behind the goal, as it it would give the away team a big advantage. It's a interesting subject, but I think he has a point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here