Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Norwich City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Just seen the goal. That’s a terrific one from us. What a move and finish. Premier class. Might even get a mention on MOTD!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Great analysis on our goal by Rio and Sidwell. When Bissouma took the Norwich miss-pass 70 yards from their goal, he had 4 Albion players ahead of him for the swift counter attack. Norwich with just 2 or 3 players covering initially, having cockily sent up most of the team to our end.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
The two up front seems to be overkill if we're going to play this way. I'd rather see Gross or McAllister behind Maupay to give more available diamonds to the midfield to bring us forward.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I thought we did OK in the first half, just (as usual) should have capitalised on our chances a bit more.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Potter will give them a shake up at half time, I can’t belief he’d be happy with that. Norwich are getting too many openings.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Norwich have done this all season so it’s no surprise, if it weren’t us playing them I’d feel sorry for them to be honest as they don’t have enough quality to play the way they are being asked to play.

Been a pretty poor game but we’ve just been a bit less poor, need to come out with better tempo second half.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
OK first half.

First 20 minutes very poor, but at the same time sensible as we have been looking to get them on the counter... and it worked.

Mooy is a creative masterclass.

Connolly having another poor game - does a lot of falling over and not a lot else.

Not a lot to say other than that. We look comfortable.

He’ll be our Shane long in time

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'd ba amazed if Connolly doesnt get subbed, he's just in the bloody way! Bring on March maybe left side and leave Trossard up front! Or Gross.

How many times do w need to See Connolly and Maupay not working together before GP spots it ?

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
EcFPK9DWkAI8YEf.jpg

get into em

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
This is the kind of game where Álzate would thrive. Shame about the injury, which is clearly more serious than Potter was letting on.

Agree he would have thrived. Dont think we will see more if him this season unless it is desperately necessary, and that scenario feels pretty far away. Which is probably for the better if he is at risk of worsening his injury.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Jake sounds distraught. It's potentially gonna get worse if it stays like this - his Twatter account will take a beating [emoji23][emoji23]

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Trossards anticipation of Mooy cross was great to see, I also like the way the french lad Maupay releases the ball early, he often does this.
No one likes to play against one-touch football played with pace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here