Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Norwich and Watford No, but Burnley and Everton...

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
I’d like to see the idiots bringing up the possibility of us going down putting their money where their stupid mouths are!

Let them remortgage their houses and put thousands of their hard earned on us going down, they’d be overnight millionaires if we did face the drop. They could lord it over us sensible fans for years, or, they could lose at lot of money!

Fingers crossed they make that call to the bookies with all their life savings stuffed in a suitcase, ready for them to lose whilst we all laugh!

You do realise a bookie would never take the bet to the levels you’re talking about? I’d Imagine most people would be happy to lay down less than the price of an Amex pint and if the unthinkable occurred would have their season ticket paid for.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I accept that we were probably safe before this weekend but the pessimist in me still worries!

Seeing us nudge a further point away from Watford and Burnley yesterday and Everton and Newcastle today has actually made what was a very frustrating result for us a bit more palatable.

Facts are we are still only three points off 9th and 12 of relegation. I would have taken that with 8 games to go!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You do realise a bookie would never take the bet to the levels you’re talking about? I’d Imagine most people would be happy to lay down less than the price of an Amex pint and if the unthinkable occurred would have their season ticket paid for.

I've got a tenner on at 275/1

That's several season tickets if we do go down, not that we will.

A better question is what should TB do if we get 36 points or fewer by the end of the season. 36 and survival did for Hughton. Should it for Potter, and if not, why not?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

A better question is what should TB do if we get 36 points or fewer by the end of the season. 36 and survival did for Hughton. Should it for Potter, and if not, why not?

Also have an insurance bet £5 at 150/1 which pays for next year if the worse happens

Current cash out of £1.01 so very unlikely but let’s see what it’s like after the next 3 and games in hand have been played

Reddleman

May 17, 2017

Because with Hughton it was more than just results, the performances away at Wolves, Spurs and first half at home to Newcastle were some of the worst we have ever produced at this level. There was no plan, no identity just sitting behind the ball and praying for a 0-0. Given we were also an aging squad and CH was reluctant to player youngsters it was inevitable we were going one way. CH also had Glen Murray who scored 13 PL goals that year.

The last few weeks have been disappointing for sure but up until the Leicester game this season has been easily the most composed we have looked in the PL, we truly looked like we belong, taking the big teams on toe to toe and not hanging on to not get beaten. If we can rediscover even a hint of then in the next few weeks that’s more then enough for Tony to keep faith with what Potter is doing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here