Silly old bat

Attachments

• IMG_0307.jpeg
    IMG_0307.jpeg
    153 KB · Views: 20

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Full house for me too. Reluctantly middle-aged but a passionate lefty and fervently pedantic when it come to grammar.
"Comes " to grammar ? Surely ?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I'm guessing the OP has had this thrown at him and has posted it as in part a litmus test.

The problem is the board has been captured by far-left types who use constant denial of agency arguments like "Right-wingers are dumb and the ones who are not have been beguiled by the Daily Mail" . Or the view that left-wingers have of themselves that they are open minded people who believe in reason and want to help the less fortunate. Nothing wrong with that self ID even if its not always true, its just a pity they don't extend it to people who question or disagree with either their views or methods.

They, the Boomer left will deposit opposition to their world view being at root a product of mental illness like denial/denier or a phobia or some base ignorant prejudice.

No I'm not saying these types don't exist, its just an automatic assumption of the Boomer left on here who assume the worst and are at base horrible people. This board will continue to have a chilling or deterrent effect on anyone not left until OP decides to grow a pair and deal with it.

'Captured'??

Ahh the battle of NSC, I remember it well.

Fwiw I think you are quite wrong in your observation. Most on here are fairly centre and treat both 'wings' with suspicion. There is a big difference between sharing right leaning opinions based on fact and right wing claptrap based on nonsense from the daily Mail.

The fact is that you will get called out for spouting right wing nonsense. Despite the fact that in other places it has been somewhat normalised. Base your posts on facts and you'll find you'll find the user experience improves.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Joined northstandchat recently, and within days The only other people on there seem to be middle-aged men, grammar pedants and lefties like myself.

Logged out and deleted cookies on Facebook. This is clearly the place for me.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'm guessing the OP has had this thrown at him and has posted it as in part a litmus test.

The problem is the board has been captured by far-left types who use constant denial of agency arguments like "Right-wingers are dumb and the ones who are not have been beguiled by the Daily Mail" . Or the view that left-wingers have of themselves that they are open minded people who believe in reason and want to help the less fortunate. Nothing wrong with that self ID even if its not always true, its just a pity they don't extend it to people who question or disagree with either their views or methods.

They, the Boomer left will deposit opposition to their world view being at root a product of mental illness like denial/denier or a phobia or some base ignorant prejudice.

No I'm not saying these types don't exist, its just an automatic assumption of the Boomer left on here who assume the worst and are at base horrible people. This board will continue to have a chilling or deterrent effect on anyone not left until OP decides to grow a pair and deal with it.
I remember them all so well from school history lessons

1066 Battle of Hastings: Winner William of Normandy
1588 Battle of the Armada: Winner Francis Drake
1815 Battle of Waterloo: Winner Duke of Wellington
1944 Battle of the Bulge: Winners Eisenhower & Montgomery
2023 Battle of NSC: Winner Far Left Types

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
'Captured'??

Ahh the battle of NSC, I remember it well.

Fwiw I think you are quite wrong in your observation. Most on here are fairly centre and treat both 'wings' with suspicion. There is a big difference between sharing right leaning opinions based on fact and right wing claptrap based on nonsense from the daily Mail.

The fact is that you will get called out for spouting right wing nonsense. Despite the fact that in other places it has been somewhat normalised. Base your posts on facts and you'll find you'll find the user experience improves.
and between sharing left leaning opinions based on fact and left wing claptrap based on nonsense from the Grauniard.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Missed this as was late getting home the queue down the Old Post Office was really long. Seems we were all collecting hour pensions i also had issues with my grammar as she was late. As for deleting cookies i ate all mine this morning.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Missed this as was late getting home the queue down the Old Post Office was really long. Seems we were all collecting hour pensions i also had issues with my grammar as she was late. As for deleting cookies i ate all mine this morning.
Ooooh look at you, cookies in the morning!! Middle class lefty.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
and between sharing left leaning opinions based on fact and left wing claptrap based on nonsense from the Grauniard.
This is the stuff, citing a false equivalence between the Guardian and the Daily Mail.

One is left leaning with a decent level of journalism the other has a track record of printing reactionary lies designed to make half wits angry. The sun is similar on the right and the mirror similar on the left.

The telegraph and the times are the right leaning equivalents to the Guardian.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Possibly some misunderstanding.

All I did was copy and paste this post...

...and tweak it.

I'll not give up the day job.
3/3. 👍👍

Oh no hang on I think that was on the original post.

Does it count if you’re wokerati?
Confused

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007

BOOM

Oh I mean WHOOSH

We’re loose

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Please can we define 'middle aged'? I feel I need to know before I can decide if I belong here or not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here