Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Northstandchat

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'm guessing the OP has had this thrown at him and has posted it as in part a litmus test.

The problem is the board has been captured by far-left types who use constant denial of agency arguments like "Right-wingers are dumb and the ones who are not have been beguiled by the Daily Mail" . Or the view that left-wingers have of themselves that they are open minded people who believe in reason and want to help the less fortunate. Nothing wrong with that self ID even if its not always true, its just a pity they don't extend it to people who question or disagree with either their views or methods.

They, the Boomer left will deposit opposition to their world view being at root a product of mental illness like denial/denier or a phobia or some base ignorant prejudice.

No I'm not saying these types don't exist, its just an automatic assumption of the Boomer left on here who assume the worst and are at base horrible people. This board will continue to have a chilling or deterrent effect on anyone not left until OP decides to grow a pair and deal with it.
Quite a DRONE Strike, that.

First poster to go on Ignore for posting such a DULL rant. Lol.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
As a 40 year old, could I guess it’s 35-60?
I Googled it using parameters I felt would resonate with northstandchat: the D*ily M*il with typical scientific rigour seems to suggest if you're 47 - 65 and ache a lot. I'm sure if I actually clicked the link it'd also mention house prices and love for Boris Johnson. Meanwhile the Guardian, also true to form, appears to say you're middle aged if you think you are but it's up to you.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Compared to the American based other board that I belong to ( on an entirely different subject ) this place is eminently sensible. That one is infested with Trumpian anti Vaxxers who do not have the sense they were born with.
Three cheers for Northstandchat ! Hip Hip …..

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Compared to the American based other board that I belong to ( on an entirely different subject ) this place is eminently sensible. That one is infested with Trumpian anti Vaxxers who do not have the sense they were born with.
Three cheers for Northstandchat ! Hip replacements all round :lolol:
Adjusted for accuracy

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
And what's wrong with being a male, middle-aged, leftie grammar pedant, eh? Eh? Honestly if you say you're a grammar pedant these days they put you in jail ....

(And actually I'm not middle aged. I've got a bus pass!)
What constitutes middle aged? I’ve got a bus pass too!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Three cheers for Northstandchat ! Hip Hip …..
. . . Replacement?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
In an English sentence written on an informal forum? Such grammar pedantry is something up with which I shall not put.
Yes, like split infinitives it's something I usually let slide. I'm not a complete grammar Nazi. Go with the flow that's what I say.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Joined northstandchat recently, and within days The only other people on there seem to be middle-aged men, grammar pedants and lefties

Logged out and deleted cookies. Is there any other reason to use it instead of other message boards?
Hello and "welcome" ..... Big hug.
Tell us a bit about yourself.
Don't be shy, you can trust us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here