Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Northern Lights

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Apparently can be seen in the South tonight? Anyone know any good spots?
According to the BBC Breakfast show, after midnight and take photos as for some reason you don't see the full colours with the naked eye.

Not sure where to go though probably somewhere remote.
(Is that possible in Sussex?)

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
1677498673336.jpeg

Loved it.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
According to the BBC Breakfast show, after midnight and take photos as for some reason you don't see the full colours with the naked eye.

Not sure where to go though probably somewhere remote.
(Is that possible in Sussex?)
Somewhere high looking north with the least amount of light pollution devils dyke seems popular 😛

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Ok, so Devils Dyke car park after midnight flashing my phone camera?
There will be a lot of you there, but you'll be the only one looking upwards.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
One of my favourite ever pubs. Many an evening went sideways after a few fisherman's friend vodka shots

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Seriously, enjoy being in the South.

The Northern Lights could provide beer, sandwiches and crisps - and I'd still rather be down South...

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I just watched with my daughter, the amazing BBC Joanna Lumley documentary looking for the Northern Lights. From 04:50 magical. To Grieg’s wonderful Solveig’s Song.

A wonderful piece of television, thank you for sharing.

I went to Isafjordur in North West Iceland back in January hoping to see the Northern Lights but had no luck. I've already booked a flight to Lapland for next year

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A wonderful piece of television, thank you for sharing.

I went to Isafjordur in North West Iceland back in January hoping to see the Northern Lights but had no luck. I've already booked a flight to Lapland for next year

My in laws visited Iceland February about 5 years ago and friends did a two week cruise March last year up Norway’s coast, all specifically to see the Northern Lights and no one had any luck. Cloud.

It’s on our list. I’ll research a lot beforehand on locations and best months, I’m thinking of Alta.

We love snowy, cold and scenic environments anyway, so it won’t be a wasted trip.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
My in laws visited Iceland February about 5 years ago and friends did a two week cruise March last year up Norway’s coast, all specifically to see the Northern Lights and no one had any luck. Cloud.

It’s on our list. I’ll research a lot beforehand on locations and best months, I’m thinking of Alta.

We love snowy, cold and scenic environments anyway, so it won’t be a wasted trip.
Yes, I think that's the best strategy - go and enjoy the trip and environment, if you then get to see the Northern Lights it's a fantastic bonus.

I'm flying to Rovaniemi in the new year then doing a bit of train travel down through Finland. Hopefully I'll see something but I'm certain I'll enjoy myself regardless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here