Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** Northampton Town v Brighton & Hove Albion Carling Cup 1st Round *** Official !!

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Is Warren Aspinall on the club staff? I guess he's part of the scouting team the way he speaks about "us" on the radio.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Straight from Argus:

"I am told Hart will be centre forward with Holroyd out wide but I will confirm when we are under way."

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
But if Holroyd DOESN'T score tonight guess what?...

It's still not time to write him off.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Good selection imo, giving everyone a early game to keep them interested, while resting the likes of Calderon, Navarro, Bennett and Kich so they are spot on for Saturday. Big game for Holroyd you would think?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
eam In: Northampton v Albion
Posted on: Tue 10 Aug 2010

By Paul Camillin

Gus Poyet rings the changes for tonight's Carling Cup tie at Northampton, with seven changes to the side which won at Swindon Town.

The Albion boss hands debuts to keeper, Michael Poke and Argentine pair Christian Baz and Augustin Battipiedi. Andrew Whing, Gary Hart, Gary Dicker and Chris Holroyd also come in for their first start of the season.

The quartet of Tommy Elphick, Adam El-Abd, Matt Sparrow and Marcos Painter are the only players to keep their place, although Elliott Bennett, Alan Navarro, Ashley Barnes and Jamie Smith are on the bench, along with first-year professional Ryan Thomson.

Northampton Town boss Ian Sampson makes two changes to the side which lost 3-0 at Torquay United: Nathanial Wedderburn and Michael Jacobs come in for former Arsenal trainee Paul Rodgers and Liam Davis.

Teams

Albion: (4-4-2) Poke, Whing, Elphick, El-Abd, Painter; Dicker, Battipiedi, Sparrow, Baz; Hart, Holroyd. Subs: Walker (GK), Bennett, Navarro, Barnes, Jamie Smith, Cook, Thomson.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here