Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North Stand Police Box fans...

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Are you serious? Would you sign or even lead? Just wondering.

Not sure people signing will make much noise although of course it will benefit those with hearing challenges!!!!

And you still don't get it. Yet it seems like almost everyone else on this thread now agrees with me. Everyone wants a decent atmosphere in the North, and these people are killing it. And people around them are starting to get fed up with it now, I heard numerous people moaning about their selective singing yesterday, and at one point there was even a chant aimed at them about it, but I couldn't make out what it was. More than one occasion I heard "FFS, why can't they just join in with everyone else, why do they have to be have their own little club?" or similar. It wouldn't surprise me at all if it comes to a head at some point this season. Maybe it did yesterday and that's what the ejections were about, I'm not sure.

I heard the little ditty they were singing about that thread (and it wasn't my thread, somebody else started it): "We're just misguided, we'll sing what we want". Genius.

I'll spell it out to you one more time, because you seem incapable of understanding the concept: Nobody is moaning about people trying to create an atmosphere. People want an atmosphere. For this to happen, the stand needs to sing as one. The police box lot don't seem to want to do this, they seem to want to have their own separate songs to the rest of the stand. Why?

I still can't believe none of them have come on here to defend themselves. They must be reading NSC to be singing about a thread at a game. If I was being talked about on the internet and people were having a go at me, I'd want to put my side across. Although saying that, I can't really see what their argument would be against the comments being aimed at them, they DO want their own exclusive club, there is no other explanation for it.

If unity is what you consider the problem then why don't you just join in with what the Police Box mob sing. Problem solved!!!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
SUMS UP FOOTBALL IN GENERAL DOESN'T IT??? , to much apathy about, people prepared to put up with what they're given???
regards
DR

That's actually a very good point Das, and it is true for a number of things in English football, one of them being all seater stadia. The Germans didn't stand for it, and look at their setup now, it's amazing. We just accept it, we moan about it, but we carry on accepting it, I think it's a national trait.

Why not have a new singing section in the South Stand?

TB

This is where I reckon the police box lot should go. They'd be great in the South, they could be separate like they seem to want to be, and they'd compete with the North and we'd have two ends with an atmosphere. They could sing 'Tony Bloom's blue and white army' for 90 minutes. I doubt they'd want to move though.

Not sure people signing will make much noise although of course it will benefit those with hearing challenges!!!!

If unity is what you consider the problem then why don't you just join in with what the Police Box mob sing. Problem solved!!!

I join in with whatever is the loudest song at the time, I don't care who starts it, the more people singing, the better. The problem is when we have a thousand people singing one thing and fifty people singing another, who refuse to switch to the louder song, and so the people around those fifty people then don't join in with either because it all sounds so disjointed, and it just dies.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
I think moving to the south stand is a good suggestion. We should have a mob in close proximity to the away fans as they do at a lot of grounds ( I particularly remember this at Leicester)

I also can't bear the long, diatribe that is "go left, go left etc" but that's just the opinion of many of us.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I think the whole of the North Stand should be ashamed. Back in the Goldstone days the ground was always electric. Every week it was bursting at the seams and it was so farking loud the away fans would cower down and beg us for mercy. Nobody left the North stand on a match day without their ears bleeding from the raucous, unrelenting cacophony that was produced by the hardest *******s that have ever been known to man. Then the police would look on helpless after the game as we smashed the opposition into the dirt in Hove Park. God knows how many bodies would be uncovered if they ever dug that place up.Great times.

:lol:

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
had the Judge around for dinner last night, when i asked if he was bothered about the moaning on here, he said, we need an atmosphere in the north stand, and i would bet the moaners on here that are in the NS, just sit on their bums, and make bugger all noise.

i agree, i go in there every game, and sing my heart out, i have even had people ask me to be quiet.... LOL

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
had the Judge around for dinner last night, when i asked if he was bothered about the moaning on here, he said, we need an atmosphere in the north stand, and i would bet the moaners on here that are in the NS, just sit on their bums, and make bugger all noise.

i agree, i go in there every game, and sing my heart out, i have even had people ask me to be quiet.... LOL

It's telling how the judge is such a recognisable guy at matches that none of the moaners on here are prepared to speak to him directly at matches! So I quite agree, they're probably only "sing" at their keyboards! The fact some have even thought about complaining to the club about them not joining on with the rest of the stand typifies the stupidity of some of our fans. Can you imagine being in customer services at the Albion dealing with that complaint?!! Pathetic.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
This is getting a bit pathetic now from both sides with the cock-waving "were better fans than you" argument - which it basically is.

An atmosphere is needed - yes. Anyone or any group who attempt to improve the atmosphere deserve a pat on the back. More effort is needed by the ground - simple as that. Who gives a toss whether you like the song or whether you started it - just bloody sing along.

Besides - anything is better than silence, and I speak as a person who has been to Old Trafford and the Emirates libraries where there practically is no atmosphere.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Basically the current North stand set up sucks at getting an atmosphere going, I dont care what they say, the away fans can barely hear them and the North can barely hear the away fans. until they are closer together this will stay the same and result in a lack of atmosphere.

as pointed out there is clearly two different groups in the north, pretty pathetic if you ask me, however thats how it works, neither group are loud enough and it seems less people are joing in around them, this year.

thirdly, I never remember us having a great support people would much rather go along and watch the game. no one is really that bothered these days in the WSU. You just end up with funny stairs and there is only so long you can stand up and look like a dick for, before you end up giving up and being a misrable bunch like the rest.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This is getting a bit pathetic now from both sides with the cock-waving "were better fans than you" argument - which it basically is.

An atmosphere is needed - yes. Anyone or any group who attempt to improve the atmosphere deserve a pat on the back. More effort is needed by the ground - simple as that. Who gives a toss whether you like the song or whether you started it - just bloody sing along.

Besides - anything is better than silence, and I speak as a person who has been to Old Trafford and the Emirates libraries where there practically is no atmosphere.

You've just taken a side. :thumbsup:

Sussex By The Sea
Jul 21, 2011
Its the only song that is sung at the right speed and lasts longer than 5 seconds so carry on I say

Correct, and that mob are the only ones that sing.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012

It's not the quiet ones who are moaning though, it's the fans they decide to drown out for whatever reason with their own songs!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Blimey! This -still- going on?

As I have tried to explain before there are two groups of "singers" at opposite ends of the North Stand. It isn't a competition with one side deliberately starting a song in competition with the other....or one side refusing to join in with songs started by the other. It just happens that way. I am somewhere between the two and often I have to take a punt on which song to sing...then have to change halfway through when one song gains the upper hand. It's just the way that it is. We are at least trying.

From my perspective, the way forward is for that nice Mr Barber to make the blocks behind the goal "stand if you want"......at least until he sees the light and admits he was wrong not to support the sage standing campaign. This will hopefully then bring both singing groups together and improve the co-ordination and volume of our vocal support.

And to the Commander and his ilk, for whom this appears to be the most important matter on the agenda, I can say but one thing. If you can do better, move seats...come and join us in the North Stand and show us how it should be done. Yeah...I suppose I'm saying...put up or shut up!!

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Blimey! This -still- going on?

As I have tried to explain before there are two groups of "singers" at opposite ends of the North Stand. It isn't a competition with one side deliberately starting a song in competition with the other....or one side refusing to join in with songs started by the other. It just happens that way. I am somewhere between the two and often I have to take a punt on which song to sing...then have to change halfway through when one song gains the upper hand. It's just the way that it is. We are at least trying.

This, entirely. It takes a while for the songs to ripple down from left to right across the stand, hence songs get started at different times. And I believe the police box actually dampens the sound, unfortunately. But there is no rivalry. The idea of such is just childish. The only 'rivalry' appears to be from the sad people who'd rather the North Stand were a library and don't like noise.

BTW, what's wrong with Tony Bloom's Blue & White Army. If the whole North joined in, it would sound immense. Just wondering... ???

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

To be honest i`m not surprised, you`re hardly Pavarotti:D:wave::albion2:

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
Basically the current North stand set up sucks at getting an atmosphere going, I dont care what they say, the away fans can barely hear them and the North can barely hear the away fans. until they are closer together this will stay the same and result in a lack of atmosphere.

as pointed out there is clearly two different groups in the north, pretty pathetic if you ask me, however thats how it works, neither group are loud enough and it seems less people are joing in around them, this year.

thirdly, I never remember us having a great support people would much rather go along and watch the game. no one is really that bothered these days in the WSU. You just end up with funny stairs and there is only so long you can stand up and look like a dick for, before you end up giving up and being a misrable bunch like the rest.
we've got plenty of dead wood in the stands just look at the age group
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here