Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North Stand Imposter

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
i would say you get what you deserve if you go in the opposing end,if your quiet as a mouse you get to see the game but not much fun, ive been in a few home sections at Albion away games over the years mostly down to bad organizational skills on my part regarding tickets and in the days when it was standing you just asked a copper to be transfered,if that wasnt an option it was down to your own judgment on how you behaved.........saying that it all went pear shaped at Lincoln away one year when keeping quiet seemed to no longer be an option

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I was in the home end at Hereford (my Dad was convinced it wouldn't go to the last game so left it too late to get tickets in the Brighton end) and the only person to rumble us was Gerry Ryan, who was doing some commentary work, as we lived round the corner from the Witch. I had to stand up and clap Mayo's own goal! Luckily the section I was in shared a set of toilets with the Brighton end and I was in the Brighton end when we equalised. I wasn't the only person to swap ends as the reason I realised I could was because I thought I recognised the two people in front of me from other away games and after 20 mins or so they had vanished and then I caught sight of them in the Brighton end. I'm not sure how I'd have reacted if I was still in the Hereford end when we scored.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
As a kid in the 70's my Dad took us to the Dell and we sat with the saints. The plan was to keep our heads down and Dad had us well briefed. During the team warm up we were spotted the the one and only Brian Horton (he knew my Dad), Brian came over and said Hi and shook our hands.

As a young kid did I leap for Joy at meeting the icon or curl up in a ball.

we lept for joy and the saints were great. We said any trouble boy's and we'll tell uncle brian.

At the end of the day we are all not much different it's just we have little more class and common sense to see Blue and White.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
My son who is a ST holder is a Liverpool fan, as he has always been since school. I talked him in to watching the Albion with me this season just to get a feel for his local team. In just a few matches his loyalties have started to turn. He still has a soft spot for the reds but was definatley 100% for the albion last night. He took stick from those around us but was very good humoured and was only banter. I think you need to accept that there will be Premier supporters in amongst us from who they followed with the in crowd at school.

If you are from Brighton and your son has supported manure all his life, then you have quite frankly failed miserably as a father

Recall millwall away told my mum,uncle and nephew to find a safe part of the ground to go undercover in! I was in the albion section and through the fence the usual growling mob of millwall were in top form,then i noticed my mum,uncle and nephew standing right in front of the millwall boys! And yes my mum was waving to us!:facepalm:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Hands up if you have ever been in the home end at an away game as an Albion fan.

A few times when I have been with friends that supported the opposition. What's a guy to do.

I was in the Woking end for the cup replay last season (it is my home town). To be honest, it wasn't as though there was any sense of latent aggro. When we took the lead I just sat still and noted straightaway that another bloke about three along on my left was doing the same and I think we were both tumbled then. Obviously we went behind a little later on my cool facade was slipping a little.

I have to admit that I couldn't contain myself. When the equaliser went in I was up on my feet with a throaty "YYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!". No worries at all. I simply did a 360 spin and apologised to everybody around me. They took it all in good heart but then they had been ribbing me when the second went in so all's fair.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here