Normal Person's Route One Into Town After A Midweek Game? Say TUESDAY?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I fully expect transport to fail on Tuesday. Have always felt that the evening games will be the proper test. Personally I think the club should be going for 8pm kick offs as loads won't make the kick off.

surely the problems will be after the game, not before? leaving work at 5pm, i can get to Falmer comfortably for 7:45 from London, cant see why anyone local would have problems.

AndyO

May 26, 2009
Parked just off Coldean Lane, no problems getting away after game.

Hi what is the walking route from Coldean lane - I looked at this option but concluded the only route was alonf the dual carriageway is there an alternative?

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
Hi what is the walking route from Coldean lane - I looked at this option but concluded the only route was alonf the dual carriageway is there an alternative?

There is a Pedestrian/Cycleway that runs all the way along the North side of the A27. Also if you use the underpass at the bottom of Coldean Lane and head for the entrance to Falmer School or Aldridge Academy (or whatever it is called) you can walk up the new access road that has been built for emergency access to the Stadium.

I'd say the 2nd option is the better one as it is a little more pleasant than walking along the main road.

AndyO

May 26, 2009
There is a Pedestrian/Cycleway that runs all the way along the North side of the A27. Also if you use the underpass at the bottom of Coldean Lane and head for the entrance to Falmer School or Aldridge Academy (or whatever it is called) you can walk up the new access road that has been built for emergency access to the Stadium.

I'd say the 2nd option is the better one as it is a little more pleasant than walking along the main road.

Great thanks mate - how long do you think it would take to walk this route?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Planning on taking the HH - Lewes - Falmer train route tomorrow night as I will be in London working during the day

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Tuesday will be fine as I doubt there will be much over 10,000 there.

The place that will struggle to cope is the ticket office collection. Putting the ticket office in the club shop wasn't the best idea in my opinion as it blocks off the shop to most people who are put off by a massive queue for people picking up tickets.

I think the trains will cope exactly the same just a bit of a wait for some people. I will stay behind for a beer just like a Saturday game and wait for the queues to go.

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
Great thanks mate - how long do you think it would take to walk this route?

I reckon 15-20 mins possibly (from the Coldean Lane/Lewes Rd junction). It's worth having a quick look at Google maps before you do it (the satellite image is old and doesn't actually show the new path/road, or the stadium). Once you go under the Lewes Road at the bottom of Coldean Lane you want to follow Barcombe Road>Ashurst Rd>Lucraft Rd that gets you to the entrance to the school. There is a steward posted there, he can point you on your way if you need it but you can see the stadium from here so it should be pretty obvious ...

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'll probably leave it 30-45minutes and let the first few trains go. Not having to feel the need to rush out after a game is a real joy. I'm quite content to let those who need a quick exit have it. I may look into the bus and walking options too.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
I was wondering if they will put on extra trains to Lewes, because as it stands there's ones at 21.13 / 22.13 /22.34 which could make it a bit of a nightmare.

---
- Sent from my bed in my garden shed !

AndyO

May 26, 2009
I reckon 15-20 mins possibly (from the Coldean Lane/Lewes Rd junction). It's worth having a quick look at Google maps before you do it (the satellite image is old and doesn't actually show the new path/road, or the stadium). Once you go under the Lewes Road at the bottom of Coldean Lane you want to follow Barcombe Road>Ashurst Rd>Lucraft Rd that gets you to the entrance to the school. There is a steward posted there, he can point you on your way if you need it but you can see the stadium from here so it should be pretty obvious ...

Brilliant - that explains why google was telling me it would take 2 hours+ many thanks for your help

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would think that if there is a problem with trains it will be Brighton bound. Lewes/ Haywards Heath should be ok provided not extra time and or penalty shoot out.

Wife is picking me up where is the nearest best place to suggest that is easy walking.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Tuesday will be fine as I doubt there will be much over 10,000 there.

The place that will struggle to cope is the ticket office collection. Putting the ticket office in the club shop wasn't the best idea in my opinion as it blocks off the shop to most people who are put off by a massive queue for people picking up tickets.

I think the trains will cope exactly the same just a bit of a wait for some people. I will stay behind for a beer just like a Saturday game and wait for the queues to go.

I expect there to be a lot more than 10k there tomorrow night, but I agree 100% with your comment about putting the ticket office in the Club Shop, so far that decision is a major fail as far as I can see. I had planned to buy all sorts before the game on Saturday, and I got there very early but was put off by the huge queue - I assume this was contributed to by people picking up tickets!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Could be an issue for me if I go Tuesday. Anyone park in Coldean or Moulscombe on Saturday? Any 'issues'?

None for me, parked near Forest Road in Coldean and walked from there, planning on doing the same on Tuesday evening. We walked down Coldean Lane along the front of Stanmer Park and then cut through the underpass between the Uni and Falmer Station. Works out at around a 2k walk, didn't take too long at all.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports