Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Norm and Zoe to split

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Women quite often find nice blokes who love their wife and will do anything for them boring.

As do many men, when things get a bit routine with the wife. Do you really think there's a difference?? Home life gets a bit stale, one party goes over the side. It was ever thus.

The only difference I can see is that a guy who sleeps with somebody else, using the excuse that the wife/ girlfriend doesn't want sex any more, tends to elicit a lot more sympathy from outsiders than a woman who does the same. By way of example, there isn't really a male equivalent term for "slag", or "whore", both of which have already been aimed in Ball's direction on this thread.

"Cad" or "bounder" are the only ones I can think of (or "love rat", if you write for tabloid newspapers): both are antiquated terms that aren't spat out with anywhere near the same degree of venom.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I'm not sure if you are agreeing with me or saying I am talking crap.
Either way I have known many girls over the years that like to be treated poorly, it makes them like the bloke more.
As I said its something I have never been able to get my head round.

I was doing neither, just attempting a little humour. You are right however, at least as regards some women. You should never abuse a woman of course, but not many women find a meek man attractive.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I was doing neither, just attempting a little humour. You are right however, at least as regards some women. You should never abuse a woman of course, but not many women find a meek man attractive.

Don't know whether "attractive" is the word, but there must be millions of men who'd fit exactly that description around, happily married. Or at least married :wink:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Don't know whether "attractive" is the word, but there must be millions of men who'd fit exactly that description around, happily married. Or at least married :wink:

Very true. There's not many of us REAL men left.:cool:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Or, indeed, the other party's lack of.
Agreed. None of our business.

"Cad" or "bounder" are the only ones I can think of (or "love rat", if you write for tabloid newspapers): both are antiquated terms that aren't spat out with anywhere near the same degree of venom.

How about 'rake' or 'knave'? Both old-fashioned as well.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
As do many men, when things get a bit routine with the wife. Do you really think there's a difference?? Home life gets a bit stale, one party goes over the side. It was ever thus.

The only difference I can see is that a guy who sleeps with somebody else, using the excuse that the wife/ girlfriend doesn't want sex any more, tends to elicit a lot more sympathy from outsiders than a woman who does the same. By way of example, there isn't really a male equivalent term for "slag", or "whore", both of which have already been aimed in Ball's direction on this thread.

I am very pro women, by far the stronger sex, and I have been having this conversation for many years, I just based my post on the fact that, in this case it's Zoe calling Norm boring.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Completely agree that the terminology, and the way that women are treated in comparison to men when it comes to infidelity are totally different, and that it's totally wrong. I've met plenty of male slags but they'd never be seen that way by themselves or their friends.

However, the point raised was actually different in that lots of women often like to go for the "bad guy" even though they know that doing so will continually **** their life up.

Different thing. And something that I've found interesting all my life.

Case study of one obviously but I've found that it's often better to hide the fact that you're actually a really nice person until you've pulled the bird.... then they REALLY like you, but you would only have been seen as "a nice guy" and a friend if you'd been like that from the start. No chance.

Women are strange. Glad I don't have to worry about this shit any more anyway, married 10 years and very happy.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Women quite often find nice blokes who love their wife and will do anything for them boring.
They like a bit of danger.
Now, this is something I have never quite understood but is quite common.

Very common.
I think it is one of the main female fantasies, being swept away by an ' alpha male ' ( whatever that is ) I have known a number of women treated appallingly by their partners/husbands and regularly go back to them. I can only assume that the bond that keeps these women coming back for more is either a very comfortable lifestyle provided by the man or damn good sex. On the face of it, there can't be much trust left in this type of relationship.

Jan 30, 2008
They like a bit of danger.
Now, this is something I have never quite understood but is quite common.

Very common.
I think it is one of the main female fantasies, being swept away by an ' alpha male ' ( whatever that is ) I have known a number of women treated appallingly by their partners/husbands and regularly go back to them. I can only assume that the bond that keeps these women coming back for more is either a very comfortable lifestyle provided by the man or damn good sex. On the face of it, there can't be much trust left in this type of relationship.
Maybe he should give Peter Andre a call
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here