Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noone, Bridcutt, Dunk.....

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
What really concerns me is that within 3 weeks we could lose our three most promising players. I really do wish Paul Lambert would just do one, but unfortunately other clubs have the pulling power, and players want immediate success.

Very little loyalty/investment from players in the game these days. Just feels like we're a stop gap team. ARGH!

You can see it now....we sell these 3, and Anton Rogers and Grant Hall (wish we hadn't sold Cook) step up. This time next year it's the same story. Rogers to move to Swansea, Hall to moves to.....SOUTHAMPTON (joke). Blah Blah Blah...

Anyway, probably repeating everybody else.

:nono:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
That's how football works.

D

Deleted member 18477

Don't worry, we'll still have ankergren, Harley and Barnes to save the day!

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Who says they are going? It's all rumours at the moment. As for Noone being one of out three most promising players I would say he's only the fifth most promising, behind Dunk, Bridcutt, Buckley and Lua Lua. (Noone is 24 years old, Buckley 22 and Lua Lua 21.)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Pretty shit this transfer window so far. We need to make a stand here otherwise we set the trend for life at the Amex. Slap a big price on and prove we are not a selling club.

Saying that, we must need the cash hence why agents are alerted to this

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Im sure we could easily reject all offers,sadly its the players salary's that is the problem as dunk,noone and briddy will be on peanuts 4k a week max,other clubs will double that no probs.

The thing that worrys me is the amount of very average players we,re stuck with because they're on longish contracts,if we could get shot these that would help:)

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
We could go back to a time when we had the likes of Danny Marney and Shaun Wilkinson, no-one wanted them so we didn't have to worry about players moving in the transfer window.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Bring back Micky Adams, we would never have had this problem with Hawkins, McLard and David Livermore

Poyet out, Bloom out, SACK the board etc.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Pretty shit this transfer window so far. We need to make a stand here otherwise we set the trend for life at the Amex. Slap a big price on and prove we are not a selling club.

Saying that, we must need the cash hence why agents are alerted to this

Errr, we've sold one player!!!!!!!! That's not to say we won't sell anymore but get a grip. If have that attitude at every rumour flying around you will end up permanently depressed!!!!

D

Deleted member 22389

For the footballers its just a job, until a better offer comes in. That's they way it works. Unless the player is home grown this is how it is always going to be. I am glad that the club is trying to stick to a budget. If we apparently had the 14th best budget how can the other clubs afford it? My thoughts are that they can't.

As regards these rumours nobody has left yet. Until I see it confirmed in the Argus, whats the point in worrying.

Our job is to just renew our season tickets next season, because the more money that goes through the till, the more chances we have of landing better players in the future.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
No player's departure means they could repeat their form anywhere else. They might move on but it doesn't mean they'll be brilliant for those they cheat on us with. Ideally, in a number of traitorious cases, they will pleasingly fail and become expensive flops, making us realise what it is about our management that made them play above themselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here