Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

None of us have a clue who we will get so

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well,i have been watching Hulls results lately,as if they kept losing,Mr Brown would be a goner,but its not him i was keep an eye it was Nobby Horton,being he is only number 2, and thinking he would love to manage again,and needless to say, the bhafc connection, i for one would at least tested the water with him anyway.
Horton's ruled out by the 'Never go back' rule - and he wasn't very successful at managing us before (although to be fair it was in very hard times).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Horton's ruled out by the 'Never go back' rule - and he wasn't very successful at managing us before (although to be fair it was in very hard times).

What rubbish it was Horton who started the rebuild at Gillingham that lead to our promotions. Is his wife still a headmistress in Cheshire which was the reason for him leaving in the first place to be back home nearer the family.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What rubbish it was Horton who started the rebuild at Gillingham that lead to our promotions. Is his wife still a headmistress in Cheshire which was the reason for him leaving in the first place to be back home nearer the family.
Well, he didn't get very far with it - but as I said, they were hard times. Still qualifies for 'Never go back' though - shame really, as when he was playing for us I thought he was one of those players who would go on to make a good manager, but it hasn't really happened yet.

zakura

Nov 3, 2009
What ever will be will be and we won't have a say who the manager will be. Who ever it is some supporters are going to be disappointed.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Gannon, Wed @ 12 noon.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Well, he didn't get very far with it - but as I said, they were hard times. Still qualifies for 'Never go back' though - shame really, as when he was playing for us I thought he was one of those players who would go on to make a good manager, but it hasn't really happened yet.

That's just nonsense. Nobby left us (in February?) not far short of the play-offs - unfortunately we plummeted down the league under Jeff Wood's tender care but that's down to Nobby. When you consider that we had no money, were playing at Gillingham and had finished second-bottom the two previous seasons, it was a fantastic achievement by Horton.

As to the original question, I really have no idea. But it's often someone least considered. I'll say Calderwood by Thursday.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
gannon friday afternoon. with peter ward as his assistance (not our wardy, this bloke assisted jimbo at stockport) with oatway promoted to assistant assistant or something like that.

why else would he be included in the shortlist. they know him, have interviewed him, and have offered him the job in the first previously. the others have been included in case he turns us down again in my opinion. if he says no, then adkins is next on the list, then tilson. if they all say no, well that's why cotterill has been included as he's out of work and would yes if it was offered.

that's how i see it anyway. the availability of fergie junior might change things but i don't think so. bloom always come across as being very methodical and considered, i don't think his head would be turned now he's half way down the road.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
That's just nonsense. Nobby left us (in February?) not far short of the play-offs - unfortunately we plummeted down the league under Jeff Wood's tender care but that's down to Nobby. When you consider that we had no money, were playing at Gillingham and had finished second-bottom the two previous seasons, it was a fantastic achievement by Horton.

As to the original question, I really have no idea. But it's often someone least considered. I'll say Calderwood by Thursday.

and we played some good stuff under nobby. hart and barker upfront, minton in midfield, that superb winger who's name escapes me (he stayed until the following season, but i think he then fell out with adams), ian culvershouse sweeping up at the back.

he left for port vale and took them up into what is now the championship i think

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
and we played some good stuff under nobby. hart and barker upfront, minton in midfield, that superb winger who's name escapes me (he stayed until the following season, but i think he then fell out with adams), ian culvershouse sweeping up at the back.

he left for port vale and took them up into what is now the championship i think

The winger? Rod Thomas?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here