Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Non commuters - most annoying thing

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
People who sit in 1st class without a 1st class ticket

Stumpy Tim

I would add sitting on the seat near the aisle leaving the empty seat next to the window, hoping that no-one will ask you to get up. But if you're a regular commuter and get 'hugely pissed off' by this kind of stuff, you're not going to be long for this world.

There are actually two very good reasons why people do this:

(a) They have a laptop in the rack above and want to make sure it's not getting stolen
(b) They want some legroom so can swing their legs into the aisle.

People who sit in 1st class without a 1st class ticket
People who think they have a right to travel first class, because they do it all the time, who look down on those of us who only do it occasionally because we've found a special deal. Especially since we've actually paid out real money for our first class tickets and they are usually on some permanent freebee.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
People who think they have a right to travel first class, because they do it all the time, who look down on those of us who only do it occasionally because we've found a special deal. Especially since we've actually paid out real money for our first class tickets and they are usually on some permanent freebee.

Not a freebie it is paid for

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

This is especially true when going to football.

Lush

Mods' Pet
There are actually two very good reasons why people do this:

(a) They have a laptop in the rack above and want to make sure it's not getting stolen - I don't believe ANYONE puts an expensive laptop in the luggage rack
(b) They want some legroom so can swing their legs into the aisle. - annoying for anyone walking down the carriage

:annoyed:

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
On the few occasions I travel in rush hour, regular commuters who ALWAYS travel in the same seat, (THEIR SEAT) getting pissy because someone else is sitting in THEIR seat. Giving filthy looks & talking loudly, letting it be known that we "have to sit over there" because "somebody is in our seats".

Their season ticket entitles them to travel on that route every day. It doesn't guarantee them a reserved seat.

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
I'm concerned about a lot of people's sinus problems on the trains.

Victoria station has been fun the past couple of weeks; lots of bags, kids, tourists and tour groups to contend with!

Gullysgirl

Sep 16, 2011
Lancing
As a fellow commuter my list is endless but here is my top 10!

1. People having inane chitter chatter..... loudly.
2. Families travelling home from a day out in London and letting their young precious kids have a seat to themselves - put them on your lap!
3. Day trippers asking if they are in the right section - read the bloody display or listen to the on board announcements, trust me there are enough of them.
4. Guards who insist on repeating the same bloody announcements as the automated ones.
5. Men reading supersized news papers - no it's not a reflection of your penis size!
6. Men who seem to need most of my leg room as well as their own.
7. Fat people who insist on utilising half of my seat.
8. People listening to music with Apple standard issue earphones, allowing everyone else in the carriage hear your music.
9. The woman who gets on at Portslade every morning and proceeds to eat 3 or 4 whole raw carrots for breakfast washed down with some foul smelling herbal tea!
10. When I get off at Croydon the scum that don't let me get off the train first before barging their way on.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Hi all - new to NSC so please be gentle!

As a commuter I get hugely pissed off with non commuters who spread themselves across two seats on a rush hours and then give you a filthy look when you ask them to move their crap so you can sit down.

Just wondered what gets on the nerves of my fellow travellers?

I'm very self conscious when it comes to this. I can't fit into most public transport seats...I'm too tall for most of them.

Stumpy Tim

(a) They have a laptop in the rack above and want to make sure it's not getting stolen - I don't believe ANYONE puts an expensive laptop in the luggage rack. I DO!
(b) They want some legroom so can swing their legs into the aisle. - annoying for anyone walking down the carriage. I do when it's not busy. Otherwise I scrunch up

:annoyed:

You're an angry woman!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
With real money?

And I never said I was referring to your first class ticket. As you know, I'm a great supporter of perks negotiated by the trade unions on behalf of their members, especially public sector workers.

Indeed real money as in deducted at source and yes about the only reasonable thing my union ever did for me but I am still a member

Jul 7, 2003
On the few occasions I travel in rush hour, regular commuters who ALWAYS travel in the same seat, (THEIR SEAT) getting pissy because someone else is sitting in THEIR seat. Giving filthy looks & talking loudly, letting it be known that we "have to sit over there" because "somebody is in our seats".

Their season ticket entitles them to travel on that route every day. It doesn't guarantee them a reserved seat.

Was always worse in the old days of the buffet car. One time I was travelling back and sat down on the spare seat around a table. The other three blokes started getting out a card mat and spread it right across where I was sitting. Their fourth mate turned up and couldn't find another seat so decided to stand in the aisle and play across me. I went to get something out of my case and at that point they quickly decided I shouldn't be messed with and packed up their game.

It wasn't a deliberate act, but I had been installing some coax cabling and there was a large, fixed blade Stanley knife on top of the book I was getting out to read. For some reason, a man they had pissed off suddenly holding a Stanley knife seemed to spook them a little!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
People who have those pull-along suitcases and nearly trip up all the people they cut across.

These damn things should be forced to be fitted with silencers early in the morning. You can hear them coming a mile off and they always sound like they've got an outboard motor fitted on the back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here