Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nominations for NSC's favourite city

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Following the over the top (imo) raving about London let's have your nomination for the best city in the world and we'll run a poll once the nominations are in.

Paris for me

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I have always had a great affection for Berlin.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I like Paris but Metz is a better city in France imo
I love Athens. Their underground stations are beautiful, full of artwork and marble. The Greeks are really friendly and helpful.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Hard to differentiate between Cape Town, Sydney, Kuala Lumpur & Ho Chi Minh City... all brilliant for different reasons

I thought Cape Town was a big letdown, in many places it just seemed like a modern city to me, only spent a day there though.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Havana is a fantastic city - quite possibly my favourite in the whole world.

Along with Buenos Aires that is one of the places that I am definitley going to go to one day, sooner rather than later hopefully as I'm sure the 60's vibe with the cars and the decaying buildings will start to change as soon as Castro dies.

I'd like to think that Montalcino had a chance of winning a place in the poll, but on the basis that hardly anyone on NSC will have visited it (or even heard of it), I'll put forward its better known neighbour ... Siena.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Along with Buenos Aires that is one of the places that I am definitley going to go to one day, sooner rather than later hopefully as I'm sure the 60's vibe with the cars and the decaying buildings will start to change as soon as Castro dies.

I was told by a Cuban that the Americans are starting to buy beaches via second parties and they are poised to move in when Fidel dies. There are something like 80,000 buildings that are unsafe and need to be torn down, but they add so much character.

Fantastic city - get to it Icy.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Kuala Lumpur and Seville for me, with stockholm a very close third :love::love:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here