Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] No Wonder Why We’re Popular

el punal

I’ve looked at the PL table and, despite misgivings about our defensive capability, there is no doubt that we are the division’s entertainers. Top scorers with 21 goals after 8 games, but also conceding 16. That’s an average of 4.6 goals scored every game. What do you reckon on us finishing the season without one 0-0 score line? I’m off to the Etihad next for our fixture against Man City after a well earned two week break for the boys. A free hit in my view, or maybe, we can sneak something. Life is such fun being an Albion fan at the moment. :ascarf:

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Quite insane to think we've conceded more goals than Luton so far, and all other teams in the league excluding the bottom three, yet have also scored an impressive 21 goals - almost 3 goals per game!
Plus, we are sitting in a respectable 6th currently and we are still yet to play seven of the bottom ten so we could really get a run going after Man City, when the fixture list is much easier.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think the "Everybody's second team" spot is up for grabs since Newcastle got taken over by Saudi and Leicester got relegated, and De Zerbi's style is winning us admirers all over the world.

I just hope this attacking style is here to stay, in the same way that the likes of Liverpool and Spurs have always traditionally been associated with attacking football.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I’ve looked at the PL table and, despite misgivings about our defensive capability, there is no doubt that we are the division’s entertainers. Top scorers with 21 goals after 8 games, but also conceding 16. That’s an average of 4.6 goals scored every game. What do you reckon on us finishing the season without one 0-0 score line? I’m off to the Etihad next for our fixture against Man City after a well earned two week break for the boys. A free hit in my view, or maybe, we can sneak something. Life is such fun being an Albion fan at the moment. :ascarf:

If the game against City finishes 0-0, I will streak through Manchester city centre at full time whilst simultaneously eating my hat and all the hats worn by everyone else in the away end.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I’d be surprised if we ended the season with a clean sheet let alone 0-0.

I think we have a solid chance against citeh, will take a draw though but I don’t think it will be a 3-0 drubbing

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Rodri being back for one.

Although it is strange that one player should make such a massive difference to a side with their quality.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
0-0 all over it. Fact.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
If the game against City finishes 0-0, I will streak through Manchester city centre at full time whilst simultaneously eating my hat and all the hats worn by everyone else in the away end.
Hmmm. I remember a sports journalist saying that if Jahangir Khan (nearly 5 years unbeaten) lost the world squash final to Rod Martin he would eat his hat.
After Jahangir lost 3-2 he cooked and ate his hat, witnessed by several other journos.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Tottenham are also on a rich run of goal scoring form. If we can both keep it up until Boxing day, I imagine that will be our first 0-0 of the season, after the TV company hype up the expectation of goals.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And I would bite your hand off for that.
Luckily I'll be wearing these:

1696795357275.png

Hope all's well in your world :thumbsup:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Rodri being back for one.

Although it is strange that one player should make such a massive difference to a side with their quality.
I'm all for positivity Edna, super heroes can have days off.
I'm quite looking forward to Lamptey (if picked), knocking the ball through Kyle Walkers legs and then following the same route, leaving KW in his wake.
Speedy Gonzales styleeeee.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm all for positivity Edna, super heroes can have days off.
I'm quite looking forward to Lamptey (if picked), knocking the ball through Kyle Walkers legs and then following the same route, leaving KW in his wake.
Speedy Gonzales styleeeee.
I don't think Kyle Walker is in anyone's wake, is he? Probably the fastest in the Premier League (especially when he gets a party invite in lockdown).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Palace games have seemed way more entertaining to me…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here