Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"No true footie fan wants to see another team go under.."

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Did you not think he had a point...PMB?

Absolutely not. My hatred for them is absolute. Their team, their manager, their players, their fans, the club. Everything. What they, more than any other club, have turned English football into is an absolute disgrace.

What sweet irony it would be that the premier club in the world at marketing itself not as a football club but as a brand crashes and burns at the hands of unscrupulous speculators.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Absolutely not. My hatred for them is absolute. Their team, their manager, their players, their fans, the club. Everything. What they, more than any other club, have turned English football into is an absolute disgrace.

A global brand, the envy of the world??

:lolol:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
A global brand, the envy of the world??

You know that bloke in your office? The one with the "one gag"? The one who tells it to you in the lift in the morning with a nudge and an "eh? eh"".

Then repeats it when you make yourself a coffee at 10.55.

And then at lunch whilst you're trying to read the BBC news website.

Then at 3.15 in meeting room number 1 on the third floor just as you are both waiting to present the boss with the latest set of figures.

Then as you are packing your stuff ready to leave early so you can avoid the traffic.

Then repeats the same thing the next day.

And the next.

And the next.

That's you.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
ManUre, Real, Leeds, MK Dons

Wouldn't be bothered if any of them went.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Apologies, WW. I shouldn't have sworn.

Sentiment still holds though that if they folded tomorrow then I would not care even the tiniest bit about it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'd not shed a tear if MK Dons went to the wall.

i cant share the sentiment on Man U, but would be quite cheerfull if MKDons died. hopefully with their space filled by AFC Wimbledon.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
What a load of shite.

What about the 70,000 proper fans they have that watch the team every week?

What about all the employees that will find themselves out of jobs? Not just the moneybucks chairmen, but the programme sellers, the catering staff, etc etc. The REAL people involved.

Think about it. Want United to get relegated/deducted points fold - yes, fine.
Want them to fold? Don't be a prick.

Good answer. :thumbsup:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
You know that bloke in your office? The one with the "one gag"? The one who tells it to you in the lift in the morning with a nudge and an "eh? eh"".

Then at 3.15 in meeting room number 1 on the third floor just as you are both waiting to present the boss with the latest set of figures.

Then as you are packing your stuff ready to leave early so you can avoid the traffic.

And the next.

And the next.

That's you.

And a big photo to boot as well.

Jimmy Grimble

And the next.

And the next.

That's you.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What a load of shite.

What about all the employees that will find themselves out of jobs? Not just the moneybucks chairmen, but the programme sellers, the catering staff, etc etc. The REAL people involved.

What about the people that could have jobs at other clubs if the money pot was shared around more! As for real fans, how many are season ticket holders and how many travel hundreds of miles for their annual trip to the 'the theatre of dreams'. The Manure business model, even pre Glaziers, identifies a lot of what is wrong with football. They wanted to prosper as a PLC and now, god willing, they can collapse as one.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
As much as I loathe United I would much rather they end up in the Conference than go under.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What a load of shite.

Oh dear - 70,000 proper fans? Are you actually being serious???!!!!!

The most plastic fans ever are at these 'big clubs'. I don't disagree with the rest you write but to say 70,000 Man U fans are proper fans is taking the piss - maybe 25,000 or so are 'proper fans' - the rest just tourists / glory hunters. At least the likes of us can boast that nearly 100% of their attendance at home to Stockport on a cold Dec night are 'proper fans'...

There's no reason why Man U should have 70,000 fans watching them compared to say Plymouth with 12,000 - It's glory supporters... If only everyone supported their local team from the off / or parents 'local team' - attendances would be a lot more even!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
What about the people that could have jobs at other clubs if the money pot was shared around more! As for real fans, how many are season ticket holders and how many travel hundreds of miles for their annual trip to the 'the theatre of dreams'. The Manure business model, even pre Glaziers, identifies a lot of what is wrong with football. They wanted to prosper as a PLC and now, god willing, they can collapse as one.

:wozza:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here