No trains to London

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
How do i find out train prices online without phoning? Ifield - Falmer and timetable? Cheers.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It had better be sorted by the 17:17 tonight from Victoria as I have a dental appointment

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Caused by a flood I hear, total nightmare for those travelling

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Oh brilliant - I work in East Croydon and was hoping to get off early (back to Worthing) as it's my birthday today and it looks like it's going to be a tricky proposition now :(

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Oh brilliant - I work in East Croydon and was hoping to get off early (back to Worthing) as it's my birthday today and it looks like it's going to be a tricky proposition now :(

"Train services between East Croydon and Purley are being disrupted due to flooding at South Croydon.
Short notice alterations, cancellations and delays of up to 70 minutes can be expected"

I'll keep an eye on the Southern site through the afternoon, but I would expect it to be sorted by your and my home times.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
"Severe disruption to Southern services between East Croydon and Purley"

Hopefully cleared by the time I go home later.

I suppose you'll both need something to do while you wait. Lucky Tricky.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
How do i find out train prices online without phoning? Ifield - Falmer and timetable? Cheers.

Setup an account on Southern Trains website and then you can pick and choose your trains in advance and choose the cheapest fare.

Assuming you are talking about Saturday, here is an example.

So £5.20 return (with a Network Railcard) in advance.

Attachments

• Algie.jpg
    Algie.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 896

Lush

Mods' Pet
Was on my way to London, but heard there were delays of up to an hour due to burst water main at South Croydon, so got off and turned back at Haywards Heath.

Currently running replacement bus service between Three Bridges and East Croydon - no trains.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Shouldn't be too difficult to jump off at East Croydon and catch one of the many buses that go to Purley?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
It's days like this i'm glad i've retired from all that railway lark.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports