No sign of the promised striker

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
We've got a recall possibility for Wilson hanging over us for the rest of the season, and let's hope Bobby avoids injury.

The risk analysis for striker options must be a major concern, let's get one in.

They won't take Wilson back this season, someone told them you can't win anything with "kids"

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think the reason for the possible disenchantment at the moment is down to TB and his statement that we shall strengthen from a position of strength which made most people believe that he was really going to push the boat out this year, and make a determined push for promotion.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think the reason for the possible disenchantment at the moment is down to TB and his statement that we shall strengthen from a position of strength which made most people believe that he was really going to push the boat out this year, and make a determined push for promotion.
He still might, in fairness.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Yes. It's now become very predictable and very boring. Any day now no doubt the club will announce that we've missed out on our target;

Except Wilson was our #1 striker target and we got him over and above dozens of other clubs sniffing about.
Ulloa was our #1 target for 2 windows and we got him.

[tweet]691651351298904064[/tweet]
[tweet]691651616504725505[/tweet]

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
We have strengthened since TB's comment. We also still have til Monday to strengthen further. To those aggrieved at the lack of a striker (so far) who that has moved in the window would you have (realistically) liked to see us bring in?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Who's disenchanted - a few people on NSC!? Most fans delighted with our squad, seeing exciting football, and competing at the top of the league - something we haven't done since the Amex opened. So, we could benefit from a striker, hardly disenchantment!

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
We have strengthened since TB's comment. We also still have til Monday to strengthen further. To those aggrieved at the lack of a striker (so far) who that has moved in the window would you have (realistically) liked to see us bring in?

I cant think of anyone who has moved at our level that would have been a decent buy. Blackman im far from convinced by and Hooper was already pretty much sorted at Wednesday.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

No disenchantment here.

#enjoyingtheride

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
A proven striker is a must if we want to really push forward.

Yes these players cost money but so does sitting in the Championship losing £10m a year. I'm all for tying to be savy but when it comes getting the real deal you have to pay the market value, trying to be clever has cost us money over the last few seasons.

storer

Nov 28, 2010
Why would we sign Murray? or Crouch?

If we are serious about going up, which we clearly are, why would we sign a striker who isn't good enough for the premier league anymore and would need replacing as early as next season?

Sign a striker who will not only help us up, but also be our main man in the premier league (Calum Wilson, Vardy)

Look further than the end your hooters people.

And before anyone asks for a suggestion...Rhodes fits that bill perfectly.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Rhodes very expensive and unproven in the Premier so why not get a proven striker at this level on loan to get us promoted and then look to the future in the summer. Peter Crouch's season is all but over.

I would have looked at a short term deal for Becchio, who has signed for Rotherham and played under CH at Norwich.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Rhodes very expensive and unproven in the Premier so why not get a proven striker at this level on loan to get us promoted and then look to the future in the summer. Peter Crouch's season is all but over.

I would have looked at a short term deal for Becchio, who has signed for Rotherham and played under CH at Norwich.

Not sure Becchio has delivered much in the past couple of years..the very fact that he's turned up at a club near the bottom maybe says something

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Most of us haven't listened to the odd poster who pointed out 'we don't need a striker 01.01.16'. They were 100% correct played 3 won 2 solidly, after the Rotherham meltdown.

The South American rumours haven't helped as they make it seem like January has been 12 weeks long.
Sure a new striker would ice the cake, but if the club are looking for VFM I think that's pretty much an impossible search.

In the meantime I think we should be concentrating on the fact the club has pushed the boat out when it comes to making our current strikers better.

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Most of us haven't listened to the odd poster who pointed out 'we don't need a striker 01.01.16'. They were 100% correct played 3 won 3.

The South American rumours haven't helped as they make it seem like January has been 12 weeks long.
Sure a new striker would ice the cake, but if the club are looking for VFM I think that's pretty much an impossible search.

In the meantime I think we should be concentrating on the fact the club has pushed the boat out when it comes to making our current strikers better.

I take it u are referring to Mr K...and yes I agree

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports