Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No park and ride for Atletico game

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
How many did we have for the game we played against the 1st best team in Europe a couple years ago?

17k. One thousand less than Cowfold Seagull mentions.
And that's when our new signings were people like Andrew Crofts whom (no disrespect intended - I loved Crofty) was not a big name signing that people were clamouring to see.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
£20 a ticket is reasonable considering the opposition, I've had several non-Albion supporting mates ask me about it and saying they'd be interested. I'd like to think we would get 18,000+ for the game. I sadly quite enjoy the preseason friendlies, no pressure, nice and relaxed, a few beers in the sunshine and a chance to see our new signings.

Sorry, but no way will we attract anything like that number.

We easily could.
Playing the 4th-best team in Europe and with a squad containing some brand new big name players.

Albion are poised to smash a club record – with help from Atletico Madrid.

The Seagulls report their match against the Spanish outfit on August 6 is their fastest-selling friendly yet at the Amex.

As of yesterday, about 14,000 tickets had already been sold and the club were preparing to open up more blocks of the stadium.

Chief executive Paul Barber said: “People seem to love this game and can’t wait to see Griezmann and people like that.

“We have got to know the people from Atletico very well over the last month and they are really good people, a really good football club, and we have every confidence the side they put out will be the strongest they possibly can.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here