Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No panic signing of a striker

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Just a thought and wondered what others think how about Maroune Chamakh I know he has been left out by many but he must have something about him ability wise and would he be better than we had last night without SB.or even for the bench which doesnt have many strikers usually,.

What, you mean the man they call "The Moroccan Derbyshire"?

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I don't think that funds are an issue, see Pritchard, or FFP, as it is over 3 years and if we don't go up, 3 or 4 will go, for big money. Just a case of not being able to get who we want, as quick as we want. I have no doubt the club are working hard on this. Looking 50-50 now whether we'll actually get anyone though

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I guess that's the problem trying to find a player that can step up with us without costing a fortune and I doubt that any prem clubs would loanna prospect just to warm our bench either

I know what you mean but a Premier league player must be confident of coming to little Brighton and proving himself to be better than what we have? They wouldn't think of warming the bench, they will think they will be worth a place in the first team. From what I have seen of Chris is, if the player is good enough, he will play.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I guess that's the problem trying to find a player that can step up with us without costing a fortune and I doubt that any prem clubs would loanna prospect just to warm our bench either

Birmingham Mail are reporting that Arsenal have made Chuba Akpom available for loan and that Villa and a host of other Championship clubs are interested. Wouldn't be a massive surprise if we were one of them.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Birmingham Mail are reporting that Arsenal have made Chuba Akpom available for loan and that Villa and a host of other Championship clubs are interested. Wouldn't be a massive surprise if we were one of them.

3 goals in 57 senior league appearances for Arsenal and across various loans over the last 4 years. And he's supposed to be a "striker".

Those 3 goals were all at Championship level for Hull last season, where he made 36 appearances. So 3 in 36 last season and absolutely ZERO goals for Arsenal and in his other loan appearances, many of which were at league 1 level.

Not very inspiring stats to be honest.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So let's pay a fortune then.

Looking 50-50 now whether we'll actually get anyone though
50/50 based on sticking a finger in the air.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
3 goals in 57 senior league appearances for Arsenal and across various loans over the last 4 years. And he's supposed to be a "striker".

Those 3 goals were all at Championship level for Hull last season, where he made 36 appearances. So 3 in 36 last season and absolutely ZERO goals for Arsenal and in his other loan appearances, many of which were at league 1 level.

Neither are Baldocks to be fair, if you're looking purely at goals/games ratios.

But I think its been established that his contribution to the team in terms of providing an outlet and stretching opposition defences has brought the team rewards, and thats EXACTLY the kind of cover / competition that we need. And hey...Hull went up.

I'd be delighted to see someone like Akpom arrive on loan.

goldstone rocks

Feb 25, 2009
Akpom is no no.
Attitude would not fit with our very tight knit squad.
There are reasons he hasn't made it at Arsenal and why his loans have not worked out...

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow

Classically as it was a Steve Bruce team they did more defending than attacking and he was forever stuck out wide.

Neither are Baldocks to be fair, if you're looking purely at goals/games ratios.

But I think its been established that his contribution to the team in terms of providing an outlet and stretching opposition defences has brought the team rewards, and thats EXACTLY the kind of cover / competition that we need. And hey...Hull went up.

I'd be delighted to see someone like Akpom arrive on loan.

Not least of all because of his song potential.

I'd love to hear the north stand rev up with Akpom, Akpom, Chuba Akpom to the tune of Sex Bomb by Tom Jones.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Akpom is no no.
Attitude would not fit with our very tight knit squad.
There are reasons he hasn't made it at Arsenal and why his loans have not worked out...

While I've no info one way or the other on Akpom I'd much rather sign no one at all than someone who disrupts the team spirit of this amazing squad. It HAS to be the right player, and if we can't land him we'll carry on as we are just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
While I've no info one way or the other on Akpom I'd much rather sign no one at all than someone who disrupts the team spirit of this amazing squad. It HAS to be the right player, and if we can't land him we'll carry on as we are just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we actually know Akpom is disruptive ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do we actually know Akpom is disruptive ?
No it's just the default setting for every player this window.

Clearly many on here believe are current squad and manager to be spineless whimpering gimps.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Just a thought and wondered what others think how about Maroune Chamakh I know he has been left out by many but he must have something about him ability wise and would he be better than we had last night without SB.or even for the bench which doesnt have many strikers usually,.

I'd rather play with 10 men on the pitch.

This has got to be your stupidest post to date.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Based on the date and the noises coming from the club
Like I said, sticking a finger in the air. The club are hardly going to tell everyone what they're doing, and if we were going to get someone it was always likely to be at the end of the window.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here