Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No official Question Time thread?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
What are you talking about? You can find out for yourself who voted in and who voted out. And what is the matter with people like you who want to believe that there are people who want it to fail. What good will that do to ANYONE?

It's the very start of the hedging 'get out of jail free' card being played.

Should Brexit be a catastrophic failure, the political class will attempt to shift the blame to the right-wing pro-Brexit press and the "white van man - working class type" that they purport to represent. "We were only enacting the will of the people."

They will in turn attempt to shift the blame to the 'remoaners.'

And it'll likely be successful.

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
He did answer that point. He said that some said that and other didn't. And he was right.

Depends if you consider that a serious/credible answer. If the PM and Chancellor, who as far as we knew would be the one's making the decisions say it then their views are more pertinent than 'others' (who are these others?). Also some Leave campaigners said £350 m for the NHS, some didn't but I don't see any distinction being made for them.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
its clear the only "risk of a referendum" you are really concerned about is the risk of losing one, thats why you dont like them

That is absolute rubbish and you know it.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
What are you talking about? You can find out for yourself who voted in and who voted out. And what is the matter with people like you who want to believe that there are people who want it to fail. What good will that do to ANYONE?

exactly, well said
please tell the remainers who are wishing the country to fail they benefit no one except their own negativity

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
exactly, well said
please tell the remainers who are wishing the country to fail they benefit no one except their own negativity

So you voted to leave, expecting all that voted remain, the next day, to just fall in line? And you also knew that a country divided after the result ran the risk of ****ing up Brexit?

We knew it was going to be close. Had either side won, this fall in line stuff was an unreasonable expectation.

Even Nige knew this - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36306681

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
then dont be so narrow minded with regard to "you people"
the polish woman was clearly an idiot.....the usual "you people" will defend her stance even though she is a dick

Narrow minded? Moi?

O deliberately wrote in that post that "I fear", rather than "I know" that what is going to come next is bigoted and prejudiced. That indicates that I am prepared to listen. I missed the Polish woman bit yesterday. Maybe she is an idiot who genuinely feels the way you described earlier, and maybe you are an insensitive clod.

And i think Ken Clarke is probably one of the most constant and honest politicians we have.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
exactly, well said

Why are you so convinced that any remainer wants it to fail? They don't - they just believe that it probably will. Why is this such a difficult concept for you to grasp?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here